Read our 2016 Report Card for Pitts.
Our unique analysis of the bills Pitts sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 2016. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Pitts is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Pitts was the primary sponsor of 6 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 639 (114th): Improving Regulatory Transparency for New Medical Therapies Act
- H.R. 4771 (113th): Designer Anabolic Steroid Control Act of 2014
- H.R. 4302 (113th): Protecting Access to Medicare Act of 2014
- H.R. 297 (113th): Children’s Hospital GME Support Reauthorization Act of 2013
- H.R. 6075 (109th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 101 East Gay Street in West Chester, Pennsylvania, as the “Robert J. Thompson Post Office ...
- H.R. 3423 (109th): Medical Device User Fee Stabilization Act of 2005
We consider a bill enacted if it is enacted or if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted, as determined by an automated text analysis.
Pitts sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Pitts’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 6518 (114th): MACPAC Improvement Act of 2016
- H.R. 4725 (114th): Common Sense Savings Act of 2016
- H.R. 4368 (114th): To amend title XIX of the Social Security Act to clarify the ...
- H.R. 4367 (114th): To amend title XIX of the Social Security Act to end the ...
- H.R. 3984 (114th): Fairness for Crime Victims Act of 2015
- H.R. 3444 (114th): Medicaid and CHIP Territory Fraud Prevention Act
- H.Res. 352 (114th): Expressing support for the designation of a “Prisoners of Conscience Day”.
View All » (including bills from previous years)
|Pitts’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 2048: Uniting and Strengthening America by Fulfilling Rights and Ensuring Effective Discipline Over Monitoring Act of 2015
May 13, 2015. Passed 338/88.
The USA Freedom Act (H.R. 2048, Pub.L. 114–23) is a U.S. law enacted on June 2, 2015 that restored in modified form several provisions of the Patriot Act, which had expired the day before. The act imposes some new limits on the bulk collection of ...
H.R. 83 (113th): Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2015
Dec 11, 2014. Passed 219/206.
This bill became the vehicle for passage of the Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2015 [pdf], which was approved by the House on December 11, 2014 and by the Senate on December 13, 2014. The bill was originally introduced on January 3, 2013 by ...
H.J.Res. 124 (113th): Continuing Appropriations Resolution, 2015
Sep 17, 2014. Passed 319/108.
S. 1603 (113th): Gun Lake Trust Land Reaffirmation Act
Sep 16, 2014. Passed 359/64.
H.R. 1947 (113th): Federal Agriculture Reform and Risk Management Act of 2013
Jun 20, 2013. Failed 195/234.
H.R. 6233 (112th): Agricultural Disaster Assistance Act of 2012
Aug 2, 2012. Passed 223/197.
H.R. 5972 (112th): Transportation, Housing and Urban Development, and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2013
Jun 29, 2012. Passed 261/163.
H.R. 1249 (112th): Leahy-Smith America Invents Act
Jun 23, 2011. Passed 304/117.
The Leahy–Smith America Invents Act (AIA) is a United States federal statute that was passed by Congress and was signed into law by President Barack Obama on September 16, 2011. The law represents the most significant change to the U.S. patent system since 1952, and ...
From Jan 1997 to Dec 2016, Pitts missed 342 of 13,498 roll call votes, which is 2.5%. This is on par with the median of 2.4% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2016. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: