Harder is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Harder has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to Dec 6, 2019. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Josh Harder sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on Agriculture
- House Committee on Education and Labor
Harder sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Harder’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5258: No Bonuses During Blackouts Act of 2019
- H.Res. 729: Encouraging the President to expand the list of the Department of Veterans Affairs ...
- H.R. 5236: To establish a competitive grant program to support out-of-school-time youth workforce readiness programs, ...
- H.R. 5190: STAR Act
- H.R. 4607: To amend the Higher Education Act of 1965 to include certain employment as ...
- H.R. 4356: Protecting Families of Fallen Servicemembers Act
- H.R. 4247: Financial Watchdog Support Act
From Jan 2019 to Dec 2019, Harder missed 7 of 654 roll call votes, which is 1.1%. This is better than the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: