Eilberg, a Democrat, was the representative for Pennsylvania's 4th congressional district from 1967 to 1978.
Eilberg is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 1978 positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Eilberg sponsored and cosponsored. See full analysis methodology.
Eilberg was the primary sponsor of 8 bills that were enacted. The most recent include:
- H.R. 2759 (95th): A bill for the relief of Sealie Von Kleist Hernandez.
- H.R. 2758 (95th): A bill for the relief of Carmen Prudence Hernandez.
- H.J.Res. 489 (95th): A joint resolution granting the status of permanent residence to certain aliens.
- H.R. 13349 (95th): A bill to repeal certain sections of title III of the Immigration and Nationality Act, and for other purposes.
- H.R. 12443 (95th): A bill to amend section 201(a), 202(c) and 203(a) of the Immigration and Nationality Act, as amended, and to establish a Select Commission on Immigration and Refugee ...
- H.R. 14535 (94th): Immigration and Nationality Act Amendments
- H.R. 366 (94th): Public Safety Officers Benefits Act
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Eilberg sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Government Operations and Politics (18%) Crime and Law Enforcement (17%) Social Welfare (13%) Taxation (13%) Immigration (13%) Private Legislation (10%) Armed Forces and National Security (9%) Law (8%)
Some of Eilberg’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 13979 (95th): A bill to amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1954 to allow ...
- H.R. 13783 (95th): A bill to amend the Federal Property and Administrative Services Act of ...
- H.R. 13516 (95th): A bill to make the birthday of Franklin Delano Roosevelt a legal ...
- H.R. 13349 (95th): A bill to repeal certain sections of title III of the Immigration ...
- H.R. 12632 (95th): A bill to authorize the granting of permanent residence to certain nonimmigrant ...
- H.R. 12443 (95th): A bill to amend section 201(a), 202(c) and 203(a) of the Immigration ...
- H.J.Res. 821 (95th): A resolution to authorize and request the President to issue a proclamation ...
From Jan 1967 to Oct 1978, Eilberg missed 524 of 5,461 roll call votes, which is 9.6%. This is on par with the median of 8.8% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Oct 1978. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- @unitedstates/congress-legislators, a community project gathering congressional information
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- GPO.gov/FDSys, for sponsored bills