Read our 2019 Report Card for Beatty.
Beatty is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Beatty has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to May 22, 2020. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Joyce Beatty sits on the following committees:
Beatty was the primary sponsor of 2 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 5277 (115th): Financial Literacy College Education Act
- H.R. 3304: Human Trafficking Accountability Act
Does 2 not sound like a lot? Very few bills are ever enacted — most legislators sponsor only a handful that are signed into law. But there are other legislative activities that we don’t track that are also important, including offering amendments, committee work and oversight of the other branches, and constituent services.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Beatty sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Finance and Financial Sector (30%) Health (17%) Armed Forces and National Security (17%) Education (9%) Housing and Community Development (7%) Crime and Law Enforcement (7%) Civil Rights and Liberties, Minority Issues (7%) Labor and Employment (6%)
Some of Beatty’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 6893: To amend the CARES Act and the Small Business Act to make certain ...
- H.R. 6890: To authorize the use of certain homeless assistance amounts to rent hotel and ...
- H.R. 6892: To amend the CARES Act to add requirements for the Main Street Lending ...
- H.R. 6894: To amend the Small Business Act to ensure that applicants with a criminal ...
- H.R. 6891: To amend the Federal Reserve Act to require the Board of Governors of ...
- H.R. 6332: Relief for Consumers During COVID-19 Act of 2020
- H.R. 6331: To require the Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System to establish ...
From Jan 2013 to May 2020, Beatty missed 158 of 4,549 roll call votes, which is 3.5%. This is worse than the median of 2.2% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: