Our unique analysis of the bills Beatty has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into her position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Beatty is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Beatty for more statistics.
Joyce Beatty sits on the following committees:
Beatty sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Armed Forces and National Security (23%) Health (17%) Finance and Financial Sector (11%) Housing and Community Development (11%) Education (11%) Crime and Law Enforcement (11%) Civil Rights and Liberties, Minority Issues (9%) Government Operations and Politics (6%)
Some of Beatty’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 6225: Ensuring Diverse Leadership at the Federal Reserve Act of 2016
- H.R. 6224: Enhancing Minority and Women Representation in NIH Medical Research Act of 2016
- H.R. 6046: Homeless Veterans Legal Services Act
- H.R. 5144: Jumpstart HOUSE Act of 2016
- H.R. 5058: Free Credit Score Act of 2016
- H.Con.Res. 127: Expressing the sense of Congress that a commemorative postage stamp should be issued ...
- H.R. 4716: S.O.S. Act of 2016
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2013 to Sep 2016, Beatty missed 49 of 2,481 roll call votes, which is 2.0%. This is on par with the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 8 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: