2015 Report CardRead our 2015 Report Card for Vargas »
Our unique analysis of the bills Vargas has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Vargas is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Juan Vargas sits on the following committees:
Vargas sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Vargas’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 4753: Wounded Warrior Housing Reform Act of 2016
- H.R. 4060: Imperial Valley Desert Conservation and Recreation Act of 2015
- H.R. 3731: RaD Fund Act
- H.R. 3711: Chicano Park Preservation Act
- H.R. 2385: Stop Blood Tomatoes Act
- H.R. 1568: Protecting Religious Minorities Persecuted by ISIS Act of 2015
- H.Res. 95: Recognizing the importance of transformative breakthroughs in biomedicine, biotechnology, and life sciences in ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2013 to Apr 2016, Vargas missed 30 of 2,086 roll call votes, which is 1.4%. This is better than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 1 explanation for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: