2014 Report CardRead our 2014 Report Card for Vargas »
Our unique analysis of the bills Vargas has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Vargas is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Juan Vargas sits on the following committees:
Some of Vargas’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 1568: Protecting Religious Minorities Persecuted by ISIS Act of 2015
- H.Res. 95: Recognizing the importance of transformative breakthroughs in biomedicine, biotechnology, and life sciences in ...
- H.Res. 90: Recognizing the importance of the United States International Boundary Water Commission (USIBWC) and ...
- H.Res. 89: Supporting “United States Foreign Service Day” in recognition of the men and women ...
- H.R. 621: Veteran Excellence Through Education Act of 2015
- H.R. 535: Filipino Veterans of World War II Congressional Gold Medal Act
- H.R. 5695: Treason and Passport Revocation Act of 2014
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2013 to Apr 2015, Vargas missed 24 of 1,365 roll call votes, which is 1.8%. This is better than the median of 2.2% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
Recent Legislative Activity
Rep. Vargas [D-CA51]: YeaApr 16, 2015 12:01 p.m.
Rep. Vargas [D-CA51]: NayApr 16, 2015 11:54 a.m.
Rep. Vargas [D-CA51]: YeaApr 16, 2015 11:45 a.m.
Rep. Vargas [D-CA51]: NayApr 15, 2015 5:23 p.m.