Read our 2018 Report Card for Vargas.
Vargas is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Vargas has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to Jun 14, 2019. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Juan Vargas sits on the following committees:
House Committee on Financial Services
- Member, Subcommittee on Housing, Community Development, and Insurance
- Member, Subcommittee on Investor Protection, Entrepreneurship, and Capital Markets
- Member, Subcommittee on National Security, International Development, and Monetary Policy
House Committee on Foreign Affairs
- Member, Subcommittee on Middle East, North Africa, and International Terrorism
- Member, Subcommittee on Western Hemisphere, Civilian Security, and Trade
Vargas sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Immigration (19%) Public Lands and Natural Resources (14%) Environmental Protection (14%) Armed Forces and National Security (14%) International Affairs (14%) Health (11%) Housing and Community Development (8%) Native Americans (6%)
Some of Vargas’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 3154: Homeownership for Dreamers Act
- H.R. 1031: Pala Band of Mission Indians Land Transfer Act of 2019
- H.R. 928: Immigrant Veterans Eligibility Tracking System (I-VETS) Act
- H.R. 623: To deem an alien who has been issued an employment authorization document under ...
- H.R. 502: FIND Trafficking Act
- H.R. 486: Chicano Park Preservation Act
- H.R. 358: California New River Restoration Act of 2019
From Jan 2013 to Jun 2019, Vargas missed 99 of 4,061 roll call votes, which is 2.4%. This is on par with the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: