Read our 2019 Report Card for Vargas.
Vargas is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Vargas has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to Jan 21, 2020. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Juan Vargas sits on the following committees:
Vargas sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Immigration (18%) Public Lands and Natural Resources (15%) Environmental Protection (15%) Armed Forces and National Security (12%) International Affairs (12%) Health (12%) Finance and Financial Sector (9%) Housing and Community Development (9%)
Some of Vargas’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 4548: Asthma Care and Prevention in Rural Communities Act of 2019
- H.R. 4329: ESG Disclosure Simplification Act of 2019
- H.R. 3895: North American Development Bank’s Pollution Solution Act
- H.R. 3825: To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 401 ...
- H.R. 3154: Homeownership for DREAMers Act
- H.R. 1031: Pala Band of Mission Indians Land Transfer Act of 2019
- H.R. 928: Immigrant Veterans Eligibility Tracking System (I-VETS) Act
From Jan 2013 to Jan 2020, Vargas missed 107 of 4,462 roll call votes, which is 2.4%. This is on par with the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: