Millender-McDonald, a Democrat, was the representative for California’s 37th congressional district from 1996 to 2007.
Millender-McDonald is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 2008 positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Millender-McDonald sponsored and cosponsored. See full analysis methodology.
Millender-McDonald was the primary sponsor of 6 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 4416 (109th): To reauthorize permanently the use of penalty and franked mail in efforts relating to the location and recovery of missing children.
- H.R. 2309 (108th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 2300 Redondo Avenue in Long Beach, California, as the “Stephen Horn Post Office Building”.
- H.R. 660 (106th): For the private relief of Ruth Hairston by waiver of a filing deadline for appeal from a ruling relating to her application for a survivor annuity.
- H.R. 5157 (106th): Freedmen’s Bureau Records Preservation Act of 2000
- H.R. 642 (106th): To redesignate the Federal building located at 701 South Santa Fe Avenue in Compton, California, and known as the Compton Main Post Office, as the “Mervyn Malcolm ...
- H.R. 643 (106th): To redesignate the Federal building located at 10301 South Compton Avenue, in Los Angeles, California, and known as the Watts Finance Office, as the “Augustus F. Hawkins ...
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Millender-McDonald sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Millender-McDonald’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.Res. 244 (110th): Electing members to the Joint Committee on Printing and the Joint Committee ...
- H.Res. 202 (110th): Providing for the expenses of certain committees of the House of Representatives ...
- H.Res. 201 (110th): Providing amounts for the expenses of the Committee on House Administration in ...
- H.R. 1172 (110th): Fairness to All Vietnam Veterans Act
- H.R. 1173 (110th): Vending Machine Safety Act of 2007
- H.Con.Res. 52 (110th): Supporting the goals and ideals of American Heart Month.
- H.Con.Res. 51 (110th): Supporting the goals and ideals of National Wear Red Day.
|Millender-McDonald’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 137 (110th): Animal Fighting Prohibition Enforcement Act of 2007
Mar 26, 2007. Passed 368/39.
H.R. 835 (110th): Hawaiian Homeownership Opportunity Act of 2007
Mar 21, 2007. Failed 262/162.
From Apr 1996 to Apr 2007, Millender-McDonald missed 621 of 6,413 roll call votes, which is 9.7%. This is much worse than the median of 3.1% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Apr 2007. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: