Rep. Judy Chu
- California - District 27
|Dates||Title / State / District|
California's 27th District
California's 32nd District
New: 2013 Report CardRead our new 2013 Report Card for Chu »
Chu is a far-left Democrat according to GovTrack's own analysis of bill sponsorship. Chu’s bills have had a total of 262 cosponsors in the 113th Congress.
Use this chart to compare Chu to other members of the House of Representatives on leadership and ideology.
This chart is based on principal components analysis for ideology and PageRank for leadership. See analysis methodology.
Judy Chu sits on the following committees:
House Committee on the Judiciary
- Member, Subcommittee on Courts, Intellectual Property, and the Internet
- Member, Subcommittee on Crime, Terrorism, Homeland Security, and Investigations
- House Committee on Small Business
Some of Chu’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 3471: Women’s Health Protection Act of 2013
- H.R. 3399: Veterans Education Counseling Act
- H.R. 2436: San Gabriel Watershed Restoration Act
- H.R. 2237: Developing Innovative Partnerships and Learning Opportunities that Motivate Achievement Act
- H.R. 1854: Partnerships for Achieving Student Success Act
- H.R. 1822: To extend the authorization period for certain uses of funds from the San ...
- H.Res. 189: Recognizing the significance of Asian/Pacific American Heritage Month in May as an important ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jul 2009 to Mar 2014, Chu missed 101 of 3,471 roll call votes, which is 2.9%. This is worse than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
Recent Legislative Activity
Rep. Chu [D-CA27]: AyeMar 12, 2014 4:56 p.m.
Rep. Chu [D-CA27]: AyeMar 12, 2014 4:35 p.m.
Rep. Chu [D-CA27]: AyeMar 12, 2014 4:29 p.m.
Rep. Chu [D-CA27]: AyeMar 12, 2014 4:21 p.m.