Our unique analysis of the bills Chu has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into her position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Chu is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Chu for more statistics.
Judy Chu sits on the following committees:
House Committee on the Judiciary
- Member, Subcommittee on Courts, Intellectual Property, and the Internet
- Member, Subcommittee on Crime, Terrorism, Homeland Security, and Investigations
- House Committee on Small Business
Chu sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Education (26%) Civil Rights and Liberties, Minority Issues (17%) Armed Forces and National Security (17%) Health (11%) Water Resources Development (9%) Commerce (9%) Immigration (6%) Public Lands and Natural Resources (6%)
Some of Chu’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.Res. 757: Recognizing the significance of Asian/Pacific American Heritage Month in May as an important ...
- H.R. 5234: Stop Mental Health Stigma in Our Communities Act
- H.R. 5060: Harry Lew Military Hazing Accountability and Prevention Act
- H.R. 4761: To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 61 ...
- H.R. 4329: Transparency in Small Business Goaling Act of 2016
- H.R. 4223: POST GRAD Act
- H.R. 4098: Minority-Serving Institution Fairness Act
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jul 2009 to Jul 2016, Chu missed 170 of 5,098 roll call votes, which is 3.3%. This is worse than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 52 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: