Our unique analysis of the bills Hansen sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into her position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 1974. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Hansen is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Hansen sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Hansen’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.J.Res. 1133 (93rd): Joint resolution proposing an amendment to the Constitution of the United States ...
- H.Res. 1248 (93rd): Committee Reform Amendments
- H.R. 16027 (93rd): Department of the Interior and Related Agencies Appropriations Act
- H.R. 12835 (93rd): Indian Health Care Improvement Act
- H.R. 8917 (93rd): Department of Interior and Related Agencies Appropriation Act
- H.R. 5564 (93rd): To incorporate in the District of Columbia the American Ex-Prisoners of War.
- H.R. 620 (93rd): A bill to establish within the Department of the Interior an additional ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1961 to Dec 1974, Hansen missed 837 of 3,513 roll call votes, which is 23.8%. This is much worse than the median of 9.7% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 1974. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress for the photo
- GPO.gov/FDSys, for sponsored bills