Our unique analysis of the bills Amash has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Amash is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Amash for more statistics.
Justin Amash sits on the following committees:
Amash sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Amash’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5759: Readable Legislation Act of 2016
- H.R. 5760: Searchable Legislation Act of 2016
- H.R. 5179: No Fly for Terrorists Act
- H.R. 4380: Equal Protection in Travel Act of 2016
- H.R. 4350: To repeal the Cybersecurity Act of 2015.
- H.R. 3097: Commemorative Coins Reform Act of 2015
- H.J.Res. 57: Constitutional Alternative to the War Powers Iraq and Syria Withdrawal Resolution
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2011 to Jul 2016, Amash missed 0 of 3,991 roll call votes, which is 0.0%. This is better than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: