Kahele is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Kahele has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 3, 2017 to May 24, 2022. See full analysis methodology.
Kaialiʻi Kahele sits on the following committees:
Kahele sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Recently Introduced Bills
Kahele recently introduced the following legislation:
- H.R. 7813: Cacao Tree Health Initiative Act of 2022
- H.R. 7812: Floriculture and Nursery Plant Health Initiative Act of 2022
- H.R. 7130: Leandra Wai Act
- H.R. 6714: Red Hill WAI Act
- H.R. 5776: Serving Our LGBTQ Veterans Act
- H.R. 5422: Macadamia Tree Health Initiative Amendments Act
- H.R. 5421: Coffee Plant Health Initiative Amendments Act
Most legislation has no activity after being introduced.
From Jan 2021 to May 2022, Kahele missed 6 of 681 roll call votes, which is 0.9%. This is better than the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: