Rep. Karan English
Former Representative from Arizona's 6th District
|Dates||Title / State / District|
Arizona's 6th District
See Also: Bioguide
English was a moderate Democratic follower according to GovTrack's own analysis of bill sponsorship from English’s time serving in the House of Representatives. English’s bills had a total of 73 cosponsors in the 103rd Congress.
Use this chart to compare English to other members of the House of Representatives in the 103rd Congress on leadership and ideology.
This chart is based on principal components analysis for ideology and PageRank for leadership. See analysis methodology.
Some of English’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5220 (103rd): To provide for the acceptance by the Secretary of Education of applications ...
- H.R. 5035 (103rd): Roosevelt Lake Recreation Area Fee Act
- H.R. 4870 (103rd): To amend the San Carlos Apache Tribe Water Rights Settlement Act of ...
- H.R. 4698 (103rd): To terminate price support and marketing quotas for tobacco, disallow the income ...
- H.R. 4697 (103rd): Walnut Canyon National Monument Boundary Modification Act of 1994
- H.Res. 451 (103rd): Official Travel Reform Resolution
- H.R. 4565 (103rd): Government Travel Cost Reduction Act
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1993 to Nov 1994, English missed 24 of 1,122 roll call votes, which is 2.1%. This is better than the median of 3.4% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Nov 1994. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress for the photo
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills