Our unique analysis of the bills English sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into her position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 1994. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). English is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
English was the primary sponsor of 1 bill that was enacted:
- H.R. 5220 (103rd): To provide for the acceptance by the Secretary of Education of applications submitted by the local educational agency serving the Window Rock Unified School District, Window Rock, ...
We consider a bill enacted if it is enacted or if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted, as determined by an automated text analysis.
English sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of English’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5220 (103rd): To provide for the acceptance by the Secretary of Education of applications ...
- H.R. 5035 (103rd): Roosevelt Lake Recreation Area Fee Act
- H.R. 4870 (103rd): To amend the San Carlos Apache Tribe Water Rights Settlement Act of ...
- H.R. 4698 (103rd): To terminate price support and marketing quotas for tobacco, disallow the income ...
- H.R. 4697 (103rd): Walnut Canyon National Monument Boundary Modification Act of 1994
- H.Res. 451 (103rd): Official Travel Reform Resolution
- H.R. 4565 (103rd): Government Travel Cost Reduction Act
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1993 to Nov 1994, English missed 24 of 1,122 roll call votes, which is 2.1%. This is better than the median of 3.4% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Nov 1994. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress for the photo
- GPO.gov/FDSys, for sponsored bills