2015 Report CardRead our 2015 Report Card for Bass »
Our unique analysis of the bills Bass has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into her position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Bass is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Karen Bass sits on the following committees:
House Committee on Foreign Affairs
- Ranking Member, Subcommittee on Africa, Global Health, Global Human Rights, and International Organizations
House Committee on the Judiciary
- Member, Subcommittee on Courts, Intellectual Property, and the Internet
- Member, Subcommittee on Crime, Terrorism, Homeland Security, and Investigations
Bass sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Bass’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.Res. 733: Recognizing National Foster Care Month as an opportunity to raise awareness about the ...
- H.R. 4004: Stopping Unfair Collateral Consequences from Ending Student Success Act
- H.R. 4005: Local Hire Act
- H.R. 3943: Physician Assistant Education Public Health Initiatives Act of 2015
- H.R. 3944: Physician Assistant Higher Education Modernization Act of 2015
- H.R. 3641: Health Insurance for Former Foster Youth Act
- H.R. 3160: Foster Youth Independence Act of 2015
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2011 to May 2016, Bass missed 347 of 3,781 roll call votes, which is 9.2%. This is much worse than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 2 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: