Read our 2017 Report Card for Handel.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Karen Handel sits on the following committees:
House Committee on Education and the Workforce
- Member, Subcommittee on Early Childhood, Elementary, and Secondary Education
- Member, Subcommittee on Workforce Protections
- House Committee on the Judiciary
Some of Handel’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5645: Standard Merger and Acquisition Reviews Through Equal Rules Act of 2018
- H.Res. 832: Recognizing linemen, the profession of linemen, the contributions of these brave men and ...
- H.R. 5440: To require notice from the Secretary of the Treasury in the case of ...
- H.R. 5338: Stop Needless Award Payments Act of 2018
|Handel’s Vote||Vote Description|
S. 139: Rapid DNA Act of 2017
Jan 11, 2018. Passed 256/164.
This bill became the vehicle for passage of the FISA Amendments Reauthorization Act of 2017. The bill would extend so-called "section 702" government surveillance under the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act. The bill was originally introduced and passed the Senate in 2017 as the Rapid DNA ...
H.R. 4667: Making further supplemental appropriations for the fiscal year ending September 30, 2018, for disaster assistance for Hurricanes Harvey, Irma, and Maria, and calendar year 2017 wildfires, ...
Dec 21, 2017. Passed 251/169.
From Jun 2017 to Jun 2018, Handel missed 0 of 673 roll call votes, which is 0.0%. This is better than the median of 2.4% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: