Handel was the representative for Georgia’s 6th congressional district and was a Republican. She served from 2017 to 2018.
Read our 2018 Report Card for Handel.
Handel recently introduced the following legislation:
- H.R. 6691 (115th): Community Safety and Security Act of 2018
- H.R. 5645 (115th): Standard Merger and Acquisition Reviews Through Equal Rules Act of 2018
- H.Res. 832 (115th): Recognizing linemen, the profession of linemen, the contributions of these brave men …
- H.R. 5440 (115th): To require notice from the Secretary of the Treasury in the case …
- H.R. 5338 (115th): Stop Needless Award Payments Act of 2018
View All » | View Cosponsors »
Most legislation has no activity after being introduced.
From Jun 2017 to Dec 2018, Handel missed 2 of 887 roll call votes, which is 0.2%. This is better than the median of 2.5% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2018. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses, major life events, and running for higher office.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- unitedstates/congress-legislators, a community project gathering congressional information
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- Office of Representative Handel for the photo
- GovInfo.gov, for sponsored bills