Read our 2017 Report Card for Handel.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Karen Handel sits on the following committees:
House Committee on Education and the Workforce
- Member, Subcommittee on Early Childhood, Elementary, and Secondary Education
- Member, Subcommittee on Workforce Protections
- House Committee on the Judiciary
Some of Handel’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 6691: Community Safety and Security Act of 2018
- H.R. 5645: Standard Merger and Acquisition Reviews Through Equal Rules Act of 2018
- H.Res. 832: Recognizing linemen, the profession of linemen, the contributions of these brave men and ...
- H.R. 5440: To require notice from the Secretary of the Treasury in the case of ...
- H.R. 5338: Stop Needless Award Payments Act of 2018
|Handel’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 6157: Department of Defense and Labor, Health and Human Services, and Education Appropriations Act, 2019 and Continuing Appropriations Act, 2019
Sep 26, 2018. Passed 361/61.
H.R. 6157 provides $674.6 billion in total discretionary budget authority for the Department of Defense for fiscal year (FY) 2019. The bill provides $606.5 billion for the Department of Defense base budget, which is an increase of $17.1 billion above FY18 levels, and $68.1 billion ...
H.R. 4667: Making further supplemental appropriations for the fiscal year ending September 30, 2018, for disaster assistance for Hurricanes Harvey, Irma, and Maria, and calendar year 2017 wildfires, ...
Dec 21, 2017. Passed 251/169.
From Jun 2017 to Nov 2018, Handel missed 0 of 807 roll call votes, which is 0.0%. This is better than the median of 2.4% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: