Shepherd was the representative for Utah’s 2nd congressional district and was a Democrat. She served from 1993 to 1994.
Shepherd is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 1994 positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Shepherd sponsored and cosponsored. See full analysis methodology.
Shepherd sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Shepherd’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 4658 (103rd): Truth in Tobacco Labeling Act
- H.R. 4470 (103rd): Children and Incapacitated Dependents Care Annual Refund (CIDCARE) Act
- H.R. 4349 (103rd): Theater Missile Defense Act of 1994
- H.R. 4346 (103rd): To prohibit the Secretary of Defense from transporting across State lines chemical ...
- H.R. 3443 (103rd): To amend title 5, United States Code, to provide that none of ...
- H.R. 3259 (103rd): To amend the Omnibus Crime Control and Safe Streets Act of 1968 ...
- H.R. 2835 (103rd): Congressional Ethics Reform Act of 1993
From Jan 1993 to Nov 1994, Shepherd missed 24 of 1,122 roll call votes, which is 2.1%. This is better than the median of 3.4% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Nov 1994. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- @unitedstates/congress-legislators, a community project gathering congressional information
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress for the photo
- GPO.gov/FDSys, for sponsored bills