Our unique analysis of the bills Shepherd sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into her position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Shepherd is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Some of Shepherd’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 4658 (103rd): Truth in Tobacco Labeling Act
- H.R. 4470 (103rd): Children and Incapacitated Dependents Care Annual Refund (CIDCARE) Act
- H.R. 4349 (103rd): Theater Missile Defense Act of 1994
- H.R. 4346 (103rd): To prohibit the Secretary of Defense from transporting across State lines chemical ...
- H.R. 3443 (103rd): To amend title 5, United States Code, to provide that none of ...
- H.R. 3259 (103rd): To amend the Omnibus Crime Control and Safe Streets Act of 1968 ...
- H.R. 2835 (103rd): Congressional Ethics Reform Act of 1993
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1993 to Nov 1994, Shepherd missed 24 of 1,122 roll call votes, which is 2.1%. This is better than the median of 3.4% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Nov 1994. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress for the photo
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills