Our unique analysis of the bills Harris sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into her position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 2006. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Harris is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Harris sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Government Operations and Politics (24%) Crime and Law Enforcement (13%) Economics and Public Finance (13%) Armed Forces and National Security (13%) Health (10%) Emergency Management (10%) Science, Technology, Communications (10%) Commerce (8%)
Some of Harris’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 6286 (109th): Department of Homeland Security Stabilization and Security Enhancement Act of 2006
- H.R. 6185 (109th): Veterans Health Care Act of 2006
- H.Con.Res. 476 (109th): Supporting the observance of Breast Cancer Awareness Month, and for other purposes.
- H.R. 5774 (109th): To require the Secretary of Veterans Affairs to publish a strategic plan ...
- H.R. 5759 (109th): FEMA Act
- H.Con.Res. 437 (109th): Expressing the sense of Congress that United States officials who leak sensitive ...
- H.R. 5649 (109th): Coastal Economic and Environmental Protection Act
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2003 to Dec 2006, Harris missed 154 of 2,435 roll call votes, which is 6.3%. This is much worse than the median of 2.9% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2006. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: