Harris was a rank-and-file Republican according to GovTrack's own analysis of bill sponsorship from Harris’s time serving in the House of Representatives. Harris’s bills had a total of 237 cosponsors in the 109th Congress.
Use this chart to compare Harris to other members of the House of Representatives in the 109th Congress on leadership and ideology.
This chart is based on principal components analysis for ideology and PageRank for leadership. See analysis methodology.
Some of Harris’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 6286 (109th): Department of Homeland Security Stabilization and Security Enhancement Act of 2006
- H.R. 6185 (109th): Veterans Health Care Act of 2006
- H.Con.Res. 476 (109th): Supporting the observance of Breast Cancer Awareness Month, and for other purposes.
- H.R. 5774 (109th): To require the Secretary of Veterans Affairs to publish a strategic plan ...
- H.R. 5759 (109th): FEMA Act
- H.Con.Res. 437 (109th): Expressing the sense of Congress that United States officials who leak sensitive ...
- H.R. 5649 (109th): Coastal Economic and Environmental Protection Act
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2003 to Dec 2006, Harris missed 154 of 2,435 roll call votes, which is 6.3%. This is worse than the median of 2.9% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2006. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: