Our unique analysis of the bills Harris sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into her position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 2006. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Harris is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Harris was the primary sponsor of 2 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 4847 (108th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 560 Bay Isles Road in Longboat Key, Florida, as the “Lieutenant General James V. Edmundson ...
- H.R. 3068 (108th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 2055 Siesta Drive in Sarasota, Florida, as the “Brigadier General (AUS-Ret.) John H. McLain Post ...
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Harris sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Government Operations and Politics (24%) Armed Forces and National Security (13%) Crime and Law Enforcement (13%) Economics and Public Finance (13%) Health (10%) Emergency Management (10%) Science, Technology, Communications (10%) Commerce (8%)
Some of Harris’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 6286 (109th): Department of Homeland Security Stabilization and Security Enhancement Act of 2006
- H.R. 6185 (109th): Veterans Health Care Act of 2006
- H.Con.Res. 476 (109th): Supporting the observance of Breast Cancer Awareness Month, and for other purposes.
- H.R. 5774 (109th): To require the Secretary of Veterans Affairs to publish a strategic plan ...
- H.R. 5759 (109th): FEMA Act
- H.Con.Res. 437 (109th): Expressing the sense of Congress that United States officials who leak sensitive ...
- H.R. 5649 (109th): Coastal Economic and Environmental Protection Act
From Jan 2003 to Dec 2006, Harris missed 154 of 2,435 roll call votes, which is 6.3%. This is much worse than the median of 2.9% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2006. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: