Read our 2019 Report Card for Castor.
Castor is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Castor has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to Mar 31, 2020. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Kathy Castor sits on the following committees:
Castor was the primary sponsor of 3 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 1226: ACE Kids Act of 2019
- H.R. 6780 (115th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 7521 Paula Drive in Tampa, Florida, as the “Major Andreas O’Keeffe Post Office Building”.
- H.R. 3276 (112th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 2810 East Hillsborough Avenue in Tampa, Florida, as the “Reverend Abe Brown Post Office Building”.
Does 3 not sound like a lot? Very few bills are ever enacted — most legislators sponsor only a handful that are signed into law. But there are other legislative activities that we don’t track that are also important, including offering amendments, committee work and oversight of the other branches, and constituent services.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Castor sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Castor’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5703: PRIVCY ACT
- H.Res. 571: Expressing support for the designation of September 24, 2019, as “National Voter Registration ...
- H.Res. 502: Congratulating the United States Women’s National Team for its win on July 7, ...
- H.Con.Res. 29: Expressing the sense of Congress that female athletes be paid the same as ...
- H.R. 9: Climate Action Now Act
- H.R. 1854: Traditional Cigar Manufacturing and Small Business Jobs Preservation Act of 2019
- H.R. 1666: To amend the National Flood Insurance Act of 1968 to allow for the ...
From Jan 2007 to Mar 2020, Castor missed 354 of 9,679 roll call votes, which is 3.7%. This is worse than the median of 2.2% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: