Read our 2020 Report Card for Porter.
Porter is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Porter has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 3, 2017 to Mar 3, 2021. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Porter sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Porter’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 1515: To amend the Federal Election Campaign Act of 1971 to provide for the ...
- H.R. 1516: To amend the Federal Election Campaign Act of 1971 to prohibit contributions and ...
- H.R. 1517: To amend the Mineral Leasing Act to make certain adjustments to the fiscal ...
- H.R. 1368: To authorize the Secretary of Health and Human Services to award grants to ...
- H.R. 1170: To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 1 ...
- H.R. 833: Family Savings for Kids and Seniors Act
- H.R. 773: Medical Debt Relief Act of 2021
From Jan 2019 to Mar 2021, Porter missed 22 of 1,016 roll call votes, which is 2.2%. This is on par with the median of 2.0% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: