Read our 2019 Report Card for Porter.
Porter is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Porter has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to Jul 9, 2020. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Katie Porter sits on the following committees:
Porter sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Porter’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 7294: To suspend Federal Perkins Loans repayments during the COVID-19 pandemic, and for other ...
- H.R. 7267: To amend title XXVII of the Public Health Service Act, the Employee Retirement ...
- H.R. 7080: Stopping the Mental Health Pandemic Act
- H.R. 6873: Emergency Housing Assistance for Older Adults Act of 2020
- H.R. 6874: Paycheck Protection Program Transparency Act of 2020
- H.R. 6854: Stop Scam PACs Act
- H.R. 6835: To require residential mortgage servicers receiving certain emergency relief under the CARES Act ...
From Jan 2019 to Jul 2020, Porter missed 22 of 839 roll call votes, which is 2.6%. This is on par with the median of 2.2% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: