Read our 2019 Report Card for Porter.
Porter is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Porter has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to Jan 21, 2020. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Katie Porter sits on the following committees:
Porter sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Porter’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5649: Consumer Access to Grid Information Act of 2020
- H.R. 5442: Lowest Price for Patients Act
- H.R. 5433: Transparency in Executive Branch Official Finances Act
- H.R. 5425: Student Protection Act
- H.R. 5204: Student Mental Health Rights Act
- H.R. 5075: FAIR Leave Act
- H.R. 4663: Freedom from Price Gouging Act
From Jan 2019 to Jan 2020, Porter missed 18 of 723 roll call votes, which is 2.5%. This is on par with the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: