Read our 2014 Report Card for Hagan.
Our unique analysis of the bills Hagan sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into her position in the Senate.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the Senate in 2014. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Hagan is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Hagan was the primary sponsor of 5 bills that were enacted:
- S. 2113 (112th): Transforming the Regulatory Environment to Accelerate Access to Treatments
- S. 1935 (112th): March of Dimes Commemorative Coin Act of 2011
- S. 1527 (112th): A bill to authorize the award of a Congressional gold medal to the Montford Point Marines of World War II.
- S. 2417 (111th): A bill to suspend temporarily the duty on certain synthetic staple fibers that are not carded, combed, or otherwise processed for spinning.
- S. 2416 (111th): A bill to suspend temporarily the duty on certain synthetic staple fibers that are not carded, combed, or otherwise processed for spinning.
We consider a bill enacted if it is enacted or if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted, as determined by an automated text analysis.
Hagan sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Hagan’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S.Res. 591 (113th): A resolution supporting the goals and ideals of American Education Week.
- S. 2720 (113th): ROAD Act of 2014
- S. 2744 (113th): Great Smoky Mountains National Park Agreement Act of 2014
- S. 2542 (113th): A bill to clarify the effect of State statutes of repose on ...
- S. 2506 (113th): Correctly Recognizing Educational Achievements To Empower Graduates Act
- S. 2448 (113th): Servicemember Higher Education Protection Act
- S. 2363 (113th): Bipartisan Sportsmen’s Act of 2014
View All » (including bills from previous years)
|Hagan’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 5771 (113th): Tax Increase Prevention Act of 2014
Dec 16, 2014. Bill Passed 76/16.
H.J.Res. 124 (113th): Continuing Appropriations Resolution, 2015
Sep 18, 2014. Joint Resolution Passed 78/22.
H.R. 3304 (113th): National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2014
Dec 19, 2013. Motion Agreed to 84/15.
S.Con.Res. 8 (113th): An original concurrent resolution setting forth the congressional budget for the United States Government for fiscal year ...
Mar 23, 2013. Resolution Agreed to 50/49.
H.R. 1540 (112th): National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2012
Dec 15, 2011. Conference Report Agreed to 86/13.
H.R. 3080 (112th): United States-Korea Free Trade Agreement Implementation Act
Oct 12, 2011. Bill Passed 83/15.
H.R. 4853 (111th): Tax Relief, Unemployment Insurance Reauthorization, and Job Creation Act of 2010
Dec 15, 2010. Motion Agreed to 81/19.
The Tax Relief, Unemployment Insurance Reauthorization, and Job Creation Act of 2010 (Pub.L. 111–312, H.R. 4853, 124 Stat. 3296, enacted December 17, 2010), also known as the 2010 Tax Relief Act, was passed by the United States Congress on December 16, 2010, and signed into ...
H.R. 1256 (111th): Family Smoking Prevention and Tobacco Control Act
Jun 11, 2009. Bill Passed 79/17.
The Family Smoking Prevention and Tobacco Control Act, (Pub.L. 111–31, H.R. 1256) is a federal statute in the United States that was signed into law by President Barack Obama on June 22, 2009. The Act gives the Food and Drug Administration the power to regulate ...
From Jan 2009 to Dec 2014, Hagan missed 35 of 1,839 roll call votes, which is 1.9%. This is on par with the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of senators serving in Dec 2014. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: