Our unique analysis of the bills Hutchison sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into her position in the Senate.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the Senate in 2013. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Hutchison is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Hutchison was the primary sponsor of 17 bills that were enacted. The most recent include:
- S. 1954 (112th): Risk-Based Security Screening for Members of the Armed Forces Act
- S. 1941 (112th): A bill to amend the securities laws to establish certain thresholds for shareholder registration, and for other purposes.
- S. 614 (111th): A bill to award a Congressional Gold Medal to the Women Airforce Service Pilots (”WASP”).
- S. 474 (110th): A bill to award a congressional gold medal to Michael Ellis DeBakey, M.D.
- S. 1596 (110th): A bill to designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 103 South Getty Street in Uvalde, Texas, as the “Dolph S. Briscoe, Jr. ...
- S. 3661 (109th): Wright Amendment Reform Act of 2006
- S. 1281 (109th): National Aeronautics and Space Administration Authorization Act of 2005
We consider a bill enacted if it is enacted or if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted, as determined by an automated text analysis.
Hutchison sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Foreign Trade and International Finance (23%) Armed Forces and National Security (15%) Transportation and Public Works (14%) Taxation (13%) Public Lands and Natural Resources (10%) Science, Technology, Communications (9%) Finance and Financial Sector (9%) Social Welfare (8%)
Some of Hutchison’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S.Res. 617 (112th): A resolution congratulating the recipient of the 2012 Heisman Memorial Trophy.
- S. 3639 (112th): ACHIEVE Act
- S. 3532 (112th): Church Plan Clarification Act of 2012
- S. 3533 (112th): Defend and Save Social Security Act of 2012
- S.Res. 512 (112th): A resolution recognizing the 100th anniversary of Rice University.
- S.J.Res. 45 (112th): A joint resolution amending title 36, United States Code, to designate June ...
- S. 2338 (112th): Violence Against Women Reauthorization Act of 2012
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jun 1993 to Jan 2013, Hutchison missed 207 of 6,573 roll call votes, which is 3.1%. This is worse than the median of 2.0% among the lifetime records of senators serving in Jan 2013. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: