Our unique analysis of the bills Ellison has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Ellison is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Ellison for more statistics.
Keith Ellison sits on the following committees:
House Committee on Financial Services
- Member, Subcommittee on Capital Markets and Government Sponsored Enterprises
- Member, Subcommittee on Housing and Insurance
- Member, Subcommittee on Oversight and Investigations
Ellison sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Foreign Trade and International Finance (30%) Finance and Financial Sector (16%) Government Operations and Politics (13%) Taxation (10%) Housing and Community Development (9%) Immigration (7%) Labor and Employment (7%) International Affairs (7%)
Some of Ellison’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 6048: HBCU Investment Expansion Act
- H.R. 5965: Campus Gun Policy Transparency Act
- H.Res. 677: Congratulating the University of Minnesota Women’s Ice Hockey Team on winning the 2016 ...
- H.Res. 657: Honoring the life and legacy of the Honorable Martin Olav Sabo as an ...
- H.R. 4694: Lead-Safe Housing for Kids Act of 2016
- H.R. 4172: Credit Access and Inclusion Act of 2015
- H.R. 4055: Hygiene Assistance for Families of Infants and Toddlers Act of 2015
View All » (including bills from previous years)
|Ellison’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 5325: Legislative Branch Appropriations Act, 2017
Sep 28, 2016. Passed.
H.Res. 720: Providing for consideration of the bill (H.R. 4641) to provide for the establishment of an inter-agency task force to review, modify, and update best practices for ...
May 11, 2016. Passed.
H.R. 3038: Highway and Transportation Funding Act of 2015, Part II
Jul 15, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 2146: Defending Public Safety Employees’ Retirement Act
Jun 18, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 1191: Iran Nuclear Agreement Review Act of 2015
May 14, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 2048: Uniting and Strengthening America by Fulfilling Rights and Ensuring Effective Discipline Over Monitoring Act of 2015
May 13, 2015. Passed.
H.J.Res. 35: Making further continuing appropriations for fiscal year 2015, and for other purposes.
Feb 27, 2015. Failed.
H.R. 529: To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to improve 529 plans.
Feb 25, 2015. Passed.
From Jan 2007 to Dec 2016, Ellison missed 451 of 7,660 roll call votes, which is 5.9%. This is much worse than the median of 2.4% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 207 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: