Rothfus was the representative for Pennsylvania’s 12th congressional district and was a Republican. He served from 2013 to 2018.
Read our 2018 Report Card for Rothfus.
Rothfus is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 2018 positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Rothfus sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 3, 2013 to Dec 21, 2018. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Rothfus was the primary sponsor of 3 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 1426: Federal Savings Association Charter Flexibility Act of 2017
- H.J.Res. 111: Providing for congressional disapproval under chapter 8 of title 5, United States Code, of the rule submitted by Bureau of Consumer Financial Protection relating to “Arbitration Agreements”.
- H.R. 2488 (114th): Medicare Beneficiary Preservation of Choice Act of 2015
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Rothfus sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Rothfus’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 6892: To streamline requirements for currency transaction reports and suspicious activity reports, and for ...
- H.R. 6130: Helping Startups Continue to Grow Act
- H.R. 6029: REGROUP Act of 2018
- H.R. 5980 (115th): CODE RED Act
- H.R. 5769: Expanding Access to Treatment Act
- H.R. 5059: State Insurance Regulation Preservation Act
- H.R. 4205: Financial Institution Examination Responsiveness Act
From Jan 2013 to Dec 2018, Rothfus missed 18 of 3,739 roll call votes, which is 0.5%. This is better than the median of 2.5% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2018. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: