Armstrong is the representative for North Dakota’s at-large district and is a Republican. He has served since Jan 3, 2019. Armstrong is next up for reelection in 2022 and serves until Jan 3, 2023.
Read our 2020 Report Card for Armstrong.
Armstrong is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Armstrong has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 3, 2017 to Jul 27, 2021. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Kelly Armstrong sits on the following committees:
Armstrong sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Armstrong’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 3177: Safe Driving Vehicles Act
- H.R. 3081: To make certain irrigation districts eligible for Pick-Sloan Missouri Basin Program pumping power, ...
- H.R. 2671: SHIELD Act
- H.R. 1038: Enhancing Administrative Reviews for Broadband Deployment Act
- H.R. 684: Keystone XL Pipeline Construction and Jobs Preservation Act
- H.R. 7895 (116th): Separation of Powers Restoration Act of 2020
- H.Res. 796 (116th): Congratulating the North Dakota State University Bison football team for winning the ...
From Jan 2019 to Jul 2021, Armstrong missed 46 of 1,197 roll call votes, which is 3.8%. This is worse than the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: