Armstrong is the representative for North Dakota’s at-large district and is a Republican. He has served since Jan 3, 2019. Armstrong is next up for reelection in 2020 and serves until Jan 3, 2021 unless re-elected.
Read our 2019 Report Card for Armstrong.
Armstrong is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Armstrong has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to Sep 18, 2020. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Kelly Armstrong sits on the following committees:
Some of Armstrong’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 7895: Separation of Powers Restoration Act of 2020
- H.Res. 796: Congratulating the North Dakota State University Bison football team for winning the 2019 ...
- H.R. 3831: To repeal the Act entitled “An Act to confer jurisdiction on the State ...
- H.R. 3755: White Horse Hill National Game Preserve Designation Act
- H.R. 3671: Federal Permitting Reform and Jobs Act
- H.R. 3081: Justice Reinvestment Initiative Act of 2019
From Jan 2019 to Sep 2020, Armstrong missed 32 of 896 roll call votes, which is 3.6%. This is worse than the median of 2.2% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: