Read our 2016 Report Card for Ayotte.
Our unique analysis of the bills Ayotte sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into her position in the Senate.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the Senate in 2016. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Ayotte is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Ayotte was the primary sponsor of 4 bills that were enacted:
- S. 1915 (114th): First Responder Anthrax Preparedness Act
- S. 952 (114th): U.S. OUTDOOR Act
- S. 322 (114th): Don’t Tax Our Fallen Public Safety Heroes Act
- S. 279 (114th): Don’t Tax Our Fallen Public Safety Heroes Act
We consider a bill enacted if it is enacted or if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted, as determined by an automated text analysis.
Ayotte sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Taxation (22%) Armed Forces and National Security (18%) Health (16%) Economics and Public Finance (10%) International Affairs (10%) Transportation and Public Works (9%) Labor and Employment (7%) Science, Technology, Communications (6%)
Some of Ayotte’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 3448 (114th): Bring Our Heroes Home Act of 2016
- S. 3299 (114th): Bottles and Breastfeeding Equipment Screening Act
- S. 3242 (114th): Responsible Additions and Increases to Sustain Employee Health Benefits Act of 2016
- S.Res. 521 (114th): A resolution expressing support for the designation of September 2016 as National ...
- S. 2941 (114th): Women and Lung Cancer Research and Preventive Services Act of 2016
- S. 2879 (114th): Working Families Relief Act
- S. 2890 (114th): Christa McAuliffe Commemorative Coin Act of 2016
View All » (including bills from previous years)
|Ayotte’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 5325: Legislative Branch Appropriations Act, 2017
Sep 28, 2016. Bill Passed 72/26.
H.R. 22: Developing a Reliable and Innovative Vision for the Economy Act
Dec 3, 2015. Conference Report Agreed to 83/16.
H.R 22, formerly the Hire More Heroes Act, has become the Senate’s vehicle for passage of the Developing a Reliable and Innovative Vision for the Economy Act or DRIVE Act (S. 1647). The DRIVE Act is a major bipartisan transportation bill that would authorize funding ...
On the Nomination PN4: Loretta E. Lynch, of New York, to be Attorney General
Apr 23, 2015. Nomination Confirmed 56/43.
H.R. 5771 (113th): Tax Increase Prevention Act of 2014
Dec 16, 2014. Bill Passed 76/16.
H.J.Res. 124 (113th): Continuing Appropriations Resolution, 2015
Sep 18, 2014. Joint Resolution Passed 78/22.
On the Nomination PN192: Regina McCarthy, of Massachusetts, to be Administrator of the Environmental Protection Agency
Jul 18, 2013. Nomination Confirmed 59/40.
On the Nomination PN5: Patty Shwartz, of New Jersey, to be United States Circuit Judge for the Third Circuit
Apr 9, 2013. Nomination Confirmed 64/34.
S. 1925 (112th): Violence Against Women Reauthorization Act of 2012
Apr 26, 2012. Bill Passed 68/31.
From Jan 2011 to Dec 2016, Ayotte missed 21 of 1,645 roll call votes, which is 1.3%. This is on par with the median of 1.8% among the lifetime records of senators serving in Dec 2016. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: