Loeffler is the junior senator from Georgia and is a Republican. She has served since Jan 6, 2020. Loeffler was appointed to the Senate to fill a vacancy and is up for reelection in a special election in 2020.
Alleged misconduct & resolution
At some point between March 2020 when news broke that stocks owned by Sen. Loeffler were sold right after a committee briefing on the possible trajectory of covid19 and June 17, 2020, the Senate Ethics Committee opened an investigation into the trades. On June 17, they sent a letter to Sen. Loeffler informing her than since the Department of Justice had ended its investigation, they would too. No record of the investigation or the letter are available publicly.
|Jun. 17, 2020||Senate Committee on Ethics closed an investigation after the Department of Justice also closed its investigation|
Kelly Loeffler sits on the following committees:
Loeffler was the primary sponsor of 2 bills that were enacted:
- S. 3438: R-DOCS Reauthorization Act of 2020
- S. 3437: Improving Care in Rural America Reauthorization Act of 2020
Does 2 not sound like a lot? Very few bills are ever enacted — most legislators sponsor only a handful that are signed into law. But there are other legislative activities that we don’t track that are also important, including offering amendments, committee work and oversight of the other branches, and constituent services.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Loeffler sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Loeffler’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 4520: A bill to transfer the responsibility of verifying small business concerns owned and ...
- S.Res. 668: A resolution commemorating the Federal Law Enforcement Training Center’s 50th Anniversary.
- S. 4425: A bill to amend title 18, United States Code, to create a Federal ...
- S. 4424: A bill to withhold a percentage of Federal funding from State and local ...
- S. 4238: Cracking Down on Gangs and Deporting Criminals Act of 2020
- S. 4062: Stopping Big Tech’s Censorship Act
- S. 4039: TELEHEALTH HSA Act of 2020
From Jan 2020 to Aug 2020, Loeffler missed 0 of 157 roll call votes, which is 0.0%. This is better than the median of 1.7% among the lifetime records of senators currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: