Buck, a Republican, is the representative for Colorado's 4th congressional district (view map) and has served since Jan 6, 2015. Buck is next up for reelection in 2018.
Read our 2016 Report Card for Buck.
Buck is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Buck has sponsored and cosponsored. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Ken Buck sits on the following committees:
Buck sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Buck’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.Res. 609: Providing for consideration of the bill (H.R. 2201) to amend the Securities Act ...
- H.Res. 468: Providing for consideration of the joint resolution (H.J. Res. 111) providing for congressional ...
- H.Res. 469: Requesting the Senate to return to the House of Representatives House Joint Resolution ...
- H.Res. 410: Electing Members to certain standing committees of the House of Representatives.
- H.Res. 381: Electing Members to certain standing committees of the House of Representatives.
- H.Res. 378: Providing for consideration of the bill (H.R. 2581) to amend the Internal Revenue ...
- H.Res. 375: Providing for consideration of the bill (H.R. 10) to create hope and opportunity ...
|Buck’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 1039: Probation Officer Protection Act of 2017
May 19, 2017. Passed 229/177.
H.R. 1039 amends the federal criminal code to authorize a probation officer to arrest a person, without warrant, if there is probable cause to believe that person forcibly assaulted or obstructed a probation officer while performing their official duties. The bill also would direct the ...
H.R. 4889: Kelsey Smith Act
May 23, 2016. Failed 229/158.
H.R. 3038: Highway and Transportation Funding Act of 2015, Part II
Jul 15, 2015. Passed 312/119.
H.R. 2146: Defending Public Safety Employees’ Retirement Act
Jun 18, 2015. Passed 218/208.
This vote made H.R. 2146 the vehicle for passage of Trade Promotion Authority (TPA) for the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) trade deal currently being negotiated. H.R. 2146 was originally introduced as a bill to address issues with retirement funds of federal law enforcement officers and firefighters. ...
H.R. 2048: Uniting and Strengthening America by Fulfilling Rights and Ensuring Effective Discipline Over Monitoring Act of 2015
May 13, 2015. Passed 338/88.
The USA Freedom Act (H.R. 2048, Pub.L. 114–23) is a U.S. law enacted on June 2, 2015 that restored in modified form several provisions of the Patriot Act, which had expired the day before. The act imposes some new limits on the bulk collection of ...
From Jan 2015 to Nov 2017, Buck missed 68 of 1,962 roll call votes, which is 3.5%. This is worse than the median of 2.2% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: