Buck is the representative for Colorado’s 4th congressional district (view map) and is a Republican. He has served since Jan 6, 2015. Buck is next up for reelection in 2022 and serves until Jan 3, 2023.
Read our 2020 Report Card for Buck.
Buck is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Buck has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 3, 2017 to May 4, 2021. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Ken Buck sits on the following committees:
Buck was the primary sponsor of 3 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 1330 (116th): Amache Study Act
- H.R. 6779 (115th): Using Data to Prevent Opioid Diversion Act of 2018
- H.R. 5844 (115th): Amache Study Act
Does 3 not sound like a lot? Very few bills are ever enacted — most legislators sponsor only a handful that are signed into law. But there are other legislative activities that we don’t track that are also important, including offering amendments, committee work and oversight of the other branches, and constituent services.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Buck sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Buck’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.Res. 371: Reaffirming the commitment of the United States to Taiwan’s continued peace and autonomy ...
- H.R. 2964: To codify the denial of export privileges and related provisions under title 15, ...
- H.R. 2566: To prohibit certain individuals from downloading or using TikTok on any device issued ...
- H.R. 687: BRICKS Act of 2021
- H.R. 643: Stop Greenlighting Driver Licenses for Illegal Immigrants Act
- H.Res. 1256 (116th): Supporting President Trump’s efforts to ensure that every legal vote is counted ...
- H.R. 8831 (116th): To codify the denial of export privileges and related provisions under title ...
From Jan 2015 to Apr 2021, Buck missed 215 of 3,622 roll call votes, which is 5.9%. This is much worse than the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: