Our unique analysis of the bills Salazar sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the Senate.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the Senate in 2010. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Salazar is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Salazar sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Government Operations and Politics (21%) Public Lands and Natural Resources (16%) Economics and Public Finance (14%) Environmental Protection (12%) Energy (11%) Transportation and Public Works (9%) Water Resources Development (9%) Armed Forces and National Security (8%)
Some of Salazar’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 186 (111th): South Park National Heritage Area Act
- S. 184 (111th): Jackson Gulch Rehabilitation Act of 2009
- S. 185 (111th): Sangre de Cristo National Heritage Area Act
- S. 180 (111th): Cache La Poudre River National Heritage Area Act of 2009
- S. 183 (111th): Dominguez-Escalante National Conservation Area and Dominguez Canyon Wilderness Area Act
- S. 191 (111th): A bill to amend the Great Sand Dunes National Park and Preserve ...
- S.Res. 682 (110th): A resolution recognizing Hispanic Heritage Month and celebrating the heritage and culture ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2005 to Jan 2009, Salazar missed 12 of 1,307 roll call votes, which is 0.9%. This is better than the median of 2.0% among the lifetime records of senators serving in Jan 2009. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: