Our unique analysis of the bills Hulshof sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 2008. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Hulshof is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Hulshof sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Foreign Trade and International Finance (40%) Commerce (13%) Transportation and Public Works (11%) Taxation (10%) Environmental Protection (8%) Education (7%) Agriculture and Food (6%) Social Welfare (6%)
Some of Hulshof’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.Res. 1012 (110th): Honoring the historical significance of and reaffirming continued Congressional support for commercial ...
- H.R. 5398 (110th): To suspend temporarily the duty on certain mixtures containing Y3-Y(6--chloro-3-pridinyl)methyl?-2-thiazolidinylidene?cyana ide.
- H.R. 5112 (110th): To extend the temporary suspension of duty on certain master cylinder assemblies ...
- H.R. 5113 (110th): To extend the temporary suspension of duty on certain transaxles designed for ...
- H.R. 5119 (110th): To suspend temporarily the duty on 2,2-Dimethylbutanoic acid 3-(2,4-dichlorophenyl)-2-oxo-1-oxaspiro(4.5)dec-3-en-4-yl ester.
- H.R. 5116 (110th): To extend the temporary suspension of duty on certain nickel-metal hydride storage ...
- H.R. 5122 (110th): To suspend temporarily the duty on Pyrasulfotole.
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1997 to Dec 2008, Hulshof missed 611 of 7,708 roll call votes, which is 7.9%. This is much worse than the median of 3.1% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2008. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: