Our unique analysis of the bills Hulshof sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 2008. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Hulshof is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Hulshof sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Foreign Trade and International Finance (40%) Commerce (13%) Transportation and Public Works (11%) Taxation (10%) Environmental Protection (8%) Education (7%) Social Welfare (6%) Agriculture and Food (6%)
Some of Hulshof’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.Res. 1012 (110th): Honoring the historical significance of and reaffirming continued Congressional support for commercial ...
- H.R. 5398 (110th): To suspend temporarily the duty on certain mixtures containing Y3-Y(6--chloro-3-pridinyl)methyl?-2-thiazolidinylidene?cyana ide.
- H.R. 5116 (110th): To extend the temporary suspension of duty on certain nickel-metal hydride storage ...
- H.R. 5122 (110th): To suspend temporarily the duty on Pyrasulfotole.
- H.R. 5117 (110th): To extend the temporary suspension of duty on 2,4-Dichloroaniline.
- H.R. 5118 (110th): To extend the temporary suspension of duty on Aluminum tris (O-ethylphosphonate).
- H.R. 5120 (110th): To extend the temporary suspension of duty on Fenamidone.
|Hulshof’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.Res. 1031 (110th): Providing for the adoption of the resolution (H. Res. 895) establishing within the House of Representatives an ...
Mar 11, 2008. Passed 229/182.
H.Res. 801 (110th): Providing for consideration of the bill (H.R. 3688) to implement the United States-Peru Trade Promotion Agreement.
Nov 7, 2007. Passed 349/55.
H.R. 2419 (110th): Food, Conservation, and Energy Act of 2008
Jul 27, 2007. Passed 231/191.
The Food, Conservation, and Energy Act of 2008 (Pub.L. 110–234, H.R. 2419, 122 Stat. 923, enacted May 22, 2008, also known as the 2008 U.S. Farm Bill) was a $288 billion, five-year agricultural policy bill that was passed into law by the United States Congress ...
H.R. 1830 (110th): To extend the authorities of the Andean Trade Preference Act until February 29, 2008.
Jun 27, 2007. Passed 365/59.
H.R. 2264 (110th): No Oil Producing and Exporting Cartels Act of 2007
May 22, 2007. Passed 345/72.
From Jan 1997 to Dec 2008, Hulshof missed 611 of 7,708 roll call votes, which is 7.9%. This is much worse than the median of 3.1% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2008. ProPublica has tracked 13 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: