Our unique analysis of the bills Marchant has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Marchant is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Marchant for more statistics.
Kenny Marchant sits on the following committees:
Marchant sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Marchant’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 4062: Protecting Seniors Access to Proper Care Act of 2015
- H.R. 3623: Fairness and Opportunities for Married Households With Student Loans Act
- H.R. 3442: Debt Management and Fiscal Responsibility Act of 2015
- H.R. 3288: Strengthening DSH and Medicare Through Subsidy Recapture and Payment Reform Act of 2015
- H.R. 3287: Community Bank Flexibility Act
- H.R. 2869: Local and Municipal Health Care Choice Act of 2015
- H.R. 2789: Capital Access for Small Business Banks Act
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2005 to Sep 2016, Marchant missed 613 of 8,814 roll call votes, which is 7.0%. This is much worse than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 24 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: