Bentivolio was the representative for Michigan’s 11th congressional district and was a Republican. He served from 2013 to 2014.
Read our 2014 Report Card for Bentivolio.
Bentivolio is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 2014 positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Bentivolio sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2009 to Dec 11, 2014. See full analysis methodology.
Bentivolio sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Bentivolio’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.Res. 779 (113th): To establish prospective standards effective January 20, 2017 defining impeachable “high crimes ...
- H.R. 5779 (113th): To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to provide a deduction ...
- H.R. 5738 (113th): Making supplemental appropriations for the Department of Homeland Security for purposes of ...
- H.R. 5479 (113th): To amend the Fair Credit Reporting Act to require public disclosure of ...
- H.R. 5231 (113th): Veterans Small Business Enhancement Act of 2014
- H.R. 5121 (113th): Restore Unalienable Rights Act of 2014
- H.R. 4945 (113th): Repairing Our Aging Roads Act
From Jan 2013 to Dec 2014, Bentivolio missed 6 of 1,204 roll call votes, which is 0.5%. This is better than the median of 2.5% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2014. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: