Read our 2016 Report Card for Brady.
Our unique analysis of the bills Brady has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Brady is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Kevin Brady sits on the following committees:
Brady was the primary sponsor of 12 bills that were enacted. The most recent include:
- H.J.Res. 42: Disapproving the rule submitted by the Department of Labor relating to drug testing of unemployment compensation applicants.
- H.R. 5356 (114th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 14231 TX-150 in Coldspring, Texas, as the “E. Marie Youngblood Post Office”.
- H.R. 4923 (114th): American Manufacturing Competitiveness Act of 2016
- H.R. 3831 (114th): Securing Fairness in Regulatory Timing Act of 2015
- H.R. 1021 (114th): Protecting the Integrity of Medicare Act of 2015
- H.R. 1845 (112th): Medicare IVIG Access and Strengthening Medicare and Repaying Taxpayers Act of 2012
- H.R. 3312 (112th): Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation Business Travel Cards Act of 2011
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Brady sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Health (31%) Taxation (26%) Government Operations and Politics (10%) Social Welfare (7%) Labor and Employment (7%) Foreign Trade and International Finance (7%) Economics and Public Finance (7%) Finance and Financial Sector (5%)
Some of Brady’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 3178: Medicare Part B Improvement Act of 2017
- H.R. 3172: Medicare IVIG Demonstration Extension Act of 2017
- H.Con.Res. 54: Expressing support for strengthening engagement between the United States and the Asia-Pacific Economic ...
- H.Res. 101: Providing amounts for the expenses of the Committee on Ways and Means in ...
- H.J.Res. 42: Disapproving the rule submitted by the Department of Labor relating to drug testing ...
- H.R. 6439 (114th): Tax Technical Corrections Act of 2016
- H.R. 5945 (114th): Ready to Work Act of 2016
|Brady’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 1314: Trade Act of 2015
Oct 28, 2015. Passed 266/167.
This vote turned this bill into the Bipartisan Budget Act of 2015, by replacing the text of the bill in whole. H.R. 1314 was previously the Trade Act of 2015.
H.R. 2722: Breast Cancer Awareness Commemorative Coin Act
Jul 15, 2015. Passed 421/9.
H.R. 2146: Defending Public Safety Employees’ Retirement Act
Jun 18, 2015. Passed 218/208.
This vote made H.R. 2146 the vehicle for passage of Trade Promotion Authority (TPA) for the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) trade deal currently being negotiated. H.R. 2146 was originally introduced as a bill to address issues with retirement funds of federal law enforcement officers and firefighters. ...
H.R. 2048: Uniting and Strengthening America by Fulfilling Rights and Ensuring Effective Discipline Over Monitoring Act of 2015
May 13, 2015. Passed 338/88.
The USA Freedom Act (H.R. 2048, Pub.L. 114–23) is a U.S. law enacted on June 2, 2015 that restored in modified form several provisions of the Patriot Act, which had expired the day before. The act imposes some new limits on the bulk collection of ...
H.J.Res. 124 (113th): Continuing Appropriations Resolution, 2015
Sep 17, 2014. Passed 319/108.
H.R. 1947 (113th): Federal Agriculture Reform and Risk Management Act of 2013
Jun 20, 2013. Failed 195/234.
H.R. 3857 (112th): Public Transit Security and Local Law Enforcement Support Act
Sep 12, 2012. Passed 355/62.
H.R. 1249 (112th): Leahy-Smith America Invents Act
Jun 23, 2011. Passed 304/117.
The Leahy–Smith America Invents Act (AIA) is a United States federal statute that was passed by Congress and was signed into law by President Barack Obama on September 16, 2011. The law represents the most significant change to the U.S. patent system since 1952, and ...
H.R. 31 (111th): Lumbee Recognition Act
Jun 3, 2009. Passed 240/179.
From Jan 1997 to Jul 2017, Brady missed 617 of 13,904 roll call votes, which is 4.4%. This is much worse than the median of 2.2% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 44 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: