Read our 2018 Report Card for Brady.
Brady is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Brady has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to Jun 18, 2019. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Kevin Brady sits on the following committees:
- Ranking Member, House Committee on Ways and Means
Brady was the primary sponsor of 17 bills that were enacted. The most recent include:
- H.R. 4318: Miscellaneous Tariff Bill Act of 2018
- H.R. 1: An Act to provide for reconciliation pursuant to titles II and V of the concurrent resolution on the budget for fiscal year 2018.
- H.R. 3823: Disaster Tax Relief and Airport and Airway Extension Act of 2017
- H.R. 3178: Medicare Part B Improvement Act of 2017
- H.R. 3172: Medicare IVIG Demonstration Extension Act of 2017
- H.J.Res. 42: Disapproving the rule submitted by the Department of Labor relating to drug testing of unemployment compensation applicants.
- H.R. 5356 (114th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 14231 TX-150 in Coldspring, Texas, as the “E. Marie Youngblood Post Office”.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Brady sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Brady’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 1753: Jobs and Opportunity with Benefits and Services for Success Act
- H.R. 22: To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to make permanent the increase ...
- H.R. 7247: Incentivizing Shared Risk in Medicare Advantage Act
- H.R. 6933: Equal Treatment of Public Servants Act of 2018
- H.Res. 1019: Raising a question of the privileges of the House pursuant to article I, ...
- H.Res. 688: Honoring Mark E. Miller for his distinguished public service and professional assistance to ...
- H.R. 4461: COURTS Act
From Jan 1997 to Jun 2019, Brady missed 661 of 15,075 roll call votes, which is 4.4%. This is worse than the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: