Read our 2018 Report Card for Brady.
Brady is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Brady has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to Mar 21, 2019. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Kevin Brady sits on the following committees:
- Ranking Member, House Committee on Ways and Means
Brady was the primary sponsor of 17 bills that were enacted. The most recent include:
- H.R. 4318: Miscellaneous Tariff Bill Act of 2018
- H.R. 1: An Act to provide for reconciliation pursuant to titles II and V of the concurrent resolution on the budget for fiscal year 2018.
- H.R. 3823: Disaster Tax Relief and Airport and Airway Extension Act of 2017
- H.R. 3178: Medicare Part B Improvement Act of 2017
- H.R. 3172: Medicare IVIG Demonstration Extension Act of 2017
- H.J.Res. 42: Disapproving the rule submitted by the Department of Labor relating to drug testing of unemployment compensation applicants.
- H.R. 5356 (114th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 14231 TX-150 in Coldspring, Texas, as the “E. Marie Youngblood Post Office”.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Brady sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Brady’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 1753: To amend part A of title IV of the Social Security Act, and ...
- H.R. 22: To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to make permanent the increase ...
- H.R. 7247: Incentivizing Shared Risk in Medicare Advantage Act
- H.R. 6933: Equal Treatment of Public Servants Act of 2018
- H.Res. 1019: Raising a question of the privileges of the House pursuant to article I, ...
- H.Res. 688: Honoring Mark E. Miller for his distinguished public service and professional assistance to ...
- H.R. 4461: COURTS Act
|Brady’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.J.Res. 30: Disapproving the President’s proposal to take an action relating to the application of certain sanctions with respect to the Russian Federation.
Jan 17, 2019. Passed 362/53.
H.R. 6157: Department of Defense and Labor, Health and Human Services, and Education Appropriations Act, 2019 and Continuing Appropriations Act, 2019
Sep 26, 2018. Passed 361/61.
H.R. 6157 provides $674.6 billion in total discretionary budget authority for the Department of Defense for fiscal year (FY) 2019. The bill provides $606.5 billion for the Department of Defense base budget, which is an increase of $17.1 billion above FY18 levels, and $68.1 billion ...
H.R. 1039: Probation Officer Protection Act of 2017
May 19, 2017. Passed 229/177.
H.R. 1039 amends the federal criminal code to authorize a probation officer to arrest a person, without warrant, if there is probable cause to believe that person forcibly assaulted or obstructed a probation officer while performing their official duties. The bill also would direct the ...
H.J.Res. 43: Providing for congressional disapproval under chapter 8 of title 5, United States Code, of the final rule submitted by Secretary of Health and Human Services relating ...
Feb 16, 2017. Passed 230/188.
Joe Biden never got the opportunity to break a single 50-50 Senate tie in eight years as vice president. Mike Pence has already broken two. One from last month has since become law: a measure allowing states to withhold federal Planned Parenthood funding. (The other ...
H.J.Res. 124 (113th): Continuing Appropriations Resolution, 2015
Sep 17, 2014. Passed 319/108.
H.R. 1947 (113th): Federal Agriculture Reform and Risk Management Act of 2013
Jun 20, 2013. Failed 195/234.
H.R. 3857 (112th): Public Transit Security and Local Law Enforcement Support Act
Sep 12, 2012. Passed 355/62.
H.R. 1249 (112th): Leahy-Smith America Invents Act
Jun 23, 2011. Passed 304/117.
The Leahy–Smith America Invents Act (AIA) is a United States federal statute that was passed by Congress and was signed into law by President Barack Obama on September 16, 2011. The law represents the most significant legislative change to the U.S. patent system since the ...
H.R. 31 (111th): Lumbee Recognition Act
Jun 3, 2009. Passed 240/179.
From Jan 1997 to Mar 2019, Brady missed 652 of 14,833 roll call votes, which is 4.4%. This is much worse than the median of 2.0% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: