Read our 2018 Report Card for Brady.
Brady is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Brady has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to Dec 11, 2019. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Kevin Brady sits on the following committees:
- Ranking Member, House Committee on Ways and Means
Brady was the primary sponsor of 17 bills that were enacted. The most recent include:
- H.R. 4318: Miscellaneous Tariff Bill Act of 2018
- H.R. 1: An Act to provide for reconciliation pursuant to titles II and V of the concurrent resolution on the budget for fiscal year 2018.
- H.R. 3823: Disaster Tax Relief and Airport and Airway Extension Act of 2017
- H.R. 3178: Medicare Part B Improvement Act of 2017
- H.R. 3172: Medicare IVIG Demonstration Extension Act of 2017
- H.J.Res. 42: Disapproving the rule submitted by the Department of Labor relating to drug testing of unemployment compensation applicants.
- H.R. 5356 (114th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 14231 TX-150 in Coldspring, Texas, as the “E. Marie Youngblood Post Office”.
Does 17 not sound like a lot? Very few bills are ever enacted — most legislators sponsor only a handful that are signed into law. But there are other legislative activities that we don’t track that are also important, including offering amendments, committee work and oversight of the other branches, and constituent services.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Brady sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Brady’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 4602: Continuation of Useful Resources to States Act
- H.R. 4514: Continuation of Useful Resources to States Act
- H.R. 3934: Equal Treatment of Public Servants Act of 2019
- H.R. 3930: Maximizing America’s Prosperity Act of 2019
- H.Res. 477: Requiring that the House authorize any judicial proceeding on behalf of any committee.
- H.R. 1753: Jobs and Opportunity with Benefits and Services for Success Act
- H.R. 22: To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to make permanent the increase ...
From Jan 1997 to Dec 2019, Brady missed 688 of 15,390 roll call votes, which is 4.5%. This is worse than the median of 2.2% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: