Hern is the representative for Oklahoma’s 1st congressional district (view map) and is a Republican. He has served since Nov 13, 2018. Hern is next up for reelection in 2022 and serves until Jan 3, 2023.
Read our 2020 Report Card for Hern.
Hern is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Hern has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 3, 2017 to Mar 2, 2021. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Hern sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Hern’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 1298: To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 1233 ...
- H.R. 814: Union Accountability Act
- H.R. 470: Roadmap to Congressional Reform Act
- H.J.Res. 18: Proposing an amendment to the Constitution of the United States to limit the ...
- H.R. 8855 (116th): HERCULES Act
- H.R. 8602 (116th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at ...
- H.R. 8487 (116th): Energy Poverty Prevention and Accountability Act
From Nov 2018 to Mar 2021, Hern missed 10 of 1,100 roll call votes, which is 0.9%. This is better than the median of 2.0% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: