Hern is the representative for Oklahoma’s 1st congressional district (view map) and is a Republican. He has served since Nov 13, 2018. Hern is next up for reelection in 2022 and serves until Jan 3, 2023.
Read our 2020 Report Card for Hern.
Hern is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Hern has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 3, 2017 to Jun 11, 2021. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Kevin Hern sits on the following committees:
Hern sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Hern’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 3869: To amend the Congressional Budget and Impoundment Control Act of 1974 to provide ...
- H.Res. 435: Recognizing the 100th Anniversary of the 1921 Tulsa Race Massacre.
- H.R. 3502: To amend title IV of the Social Security Act to prevent the child ...
- H.R. 3307: To eliminate the extension of Federal Pandemic Unemployment Compensation, and for other purposes.
- H.Res. 267: Recognizing the duty of the House of Representatives to abandon Modern Monetary Theory ...
- H.R. 2022: Asylum Abuse Reduction Act
- H.R. 1298: To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 1233 ...
From Nov 2018 to May 2021, Hern missed 12 of 1,194 roll call votes, which is 1.0%. This is better than the median of 2.0% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: