Hern is the representative for Oklahoma’s 1st congressional district (view map) and is a Republican. He has served since Nov 13, 2018. Hern is next up for reelection in 2020 and serves until Jan 3, 2021.
Make sure you are registered to vote and that you vote by mail, early, or know your polling location — see vote.org for help.
Read our 2019 Report Card for Hern.
Hern is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Hern has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to Oct 23, 2020. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Kevin Hern sits on the following committees:
Hern sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Economics and Public Finance (100%)
Some of Hern’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 8602: To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 1233 ...
- H.R. 8487: To prevent energy poverty in at-risk communities, and for other purposes.
- H.R. 7875: Equal Opportunity First Amendment Act
- H.Res. 1049: Recognizing the duty of the House of Representatives to condemn Modern Monetary Theory ...
- H.R. 7170: America FIRST Act
- H.R. 5301: To amend title 18, United States Code, to permit certain individuals complying with ...
- H.R. 4959: Pro-Growth Budgeting Act
From Nov 2018 to Oct 2020, Hern missed 8 of 1,003 roll call votes, which is 0.8%. This is better than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: