Read our 2018 Report Card for Hern.
Hern is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Hern has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to Dec 5, 2019. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Kevin Hern sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on Small Business
- House Committee on the Budget
- House Committee on Natural Resources
Some of Hern’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5301: To amend title 18, United States Code, to permit certain individuals complying with ...
- H.R. 4959: Pro-Growth Budgeting Act
- H.R. 4759: Withdrawing from Overburdensome Reviews and Keeping us Safe Act
- H.R. 4760: Generating Real Opportunities for Workforce Training and Hiring Act
- H.R. 4407: SCORE for Small Business Act of 2019
- H.R. 4030: Asylum Abuse Reduction Act
- H.R. 3944: To amend the Water Resources Reform and Development Act of 2014 to modify ...
From Nov 2018 to Dec 2019, Hern missed 7 of 738 roll call votes, which is 0.9%. This is better than the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: