Our unique analysis of the bills McCarthy has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). McCarthy is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for McCarthy for more statistics.
McCarthy sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of McCarthy’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 6007: To amend title 49, United States Code, to include consideration of certain impacts ...
- H.Res. 842: Expressing the sense of the House of Representatives regarding the terrorist attacks launched ...
- H.R. 5658: TALENT Act of 2016
- H.R. 5631: Iran Accountability Act of 2016
- H.R. 5611: Homeland Safety and Security Act
- H.R. 5137: Moving to Work Reform and Expansion Act of 2016
- H.R. 5052: OPEN Act
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2007 to Sep 2016, McCarthy missed 144 of 7,600 roll call votes, which is 1.9%. This is on par with the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 2 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: