2015 Report CardRead our 2015 Report Card for McCarthy »
Our unique analysis of the bills McCarthy has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). McCarthy is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
McCarthy sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of McCarthy’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5137: To reform the Moving to Work Program of the Department of Housing and ...
- H.R. 5052: OPEN Act
- H.R. 4685: To take certain Federal lands located in Tulare County, California, into trust for ...
- H.Res. 620: Expressing the profound sorrow of the House of Representatives on the death of ...
- H.R. 4395: To repeal the provision permitting the use of rocket engines from the Russian ...
- H.Res. 576: Providing for a committee to notify the President of the assembly of the ...
- H.Res. 578: Providing for the hour of meeting of the House.
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2007 to Apr 2016, McCarthy missed 136 of 7,223 roll call votes, which is 1.9%. This is on par with the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 2 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: