Our unique analysis of the bills Gillibrand has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into her position in the Senate.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the Senate. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Gillibrand is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Gillibrand for more statistics.
Kirsten Gillibrand sits on the following committees:
Senate Committee on Agriculture, Nutrition, and Forestry
- Ranking Member, Subcommittee on Livestock, Marketing and Agriculture Security
- Member, Subcommittee on Commodities, Risk Management and Trade
- Member, Subcommittee on Nutrition, Specialty Crops, and Agricultural Research
- Senate Committee on Armed Services
- Senate Committee on Environment and Public Works
- Senate Special Committee on Aging
Gillibrand sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Health (19%) Agriculture and Food (16%) Government Operations and Politics (15%) Armed Forces and National Security (12%) Public Lands and Natural Resources (11%) Education (11%) Taxation (8%) Environmental Protection (6%)
Some of Gillibrand’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 3441: A bill to provide for the vacating of certain convictions and expungement of ...
- S. 3431: A bill to coordinate and advance fibrosis research activities at the National Institutes ...
- S. 3408: A bill to amend the Rural Electrification Act of 1936 to provide grants ...
- S. 3309: Voter Empowerment Act of 2015
- S. 3278: Invasive Fish and Wildlife Prevention Act of 2016
- S. 3071: A bill to designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located ...
- S. 2682: Territories Relief Act
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2009 to Sep 2016, Gillibrand missed 21 of 2,314 roll call votes, which is 0.9%. This is better than the median of 1.7% among the lifetime records of senators currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 19 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: