2014 Report CardRead our 2014 Report Card for Gillibrand »
Our unique analysis of the bills Gillibrand has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into her position in the Senate.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the Senate. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Gillibrand is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Kirsten Gillibrand sits on the following committees:
Senate Committee on Agriculture, Nutrition, and Forestry
- Ranking Member, Subcommittee on Livestock, Marketing and Agriculture Security
- Member, Subcommittee on Commodities, Risk Management and Trade
- Member, Subcommittee on Nutrition, Specialty Crops, and Agricultural Research
- Senate Committee on Armed Services
- Senate Committee on Environment and Public Works
- Senate Special Committee on Aging
Some of Gillibrand’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 613: A bill to amend the Richard B. Russell National School Lunch Act to ...
- S.Res. 81: A resolution expressing the sense of the Senate that children trafficked for sex ...
- S. 180: A bill to amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to provide an ...
- S. 2992: Military Justice Improvement Act of 2014
- S. 2970: Military Justice Improvement Act of 2014
- S. 2865: Voter Registration Modernization Act
- S. 2902: Microbead-Free Waters Act of 2014
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2009 to Mar 2015, Gillibrand missed 19 of 1,892 roll call votes, which is 1.0%. This is better than the median of 1.6% among the lifetime records of senators currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
Recent Legislative Activity
Joint Resolution Passed 53/46
Motion to Proceed Agreed to 53/45
Cloture Motion Rejected 47/43