Read our 2016 Report Card for Gillibrand.
Our unique analysis of the bills Gillibrand has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into her position in the Senate.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the Senate. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Gillibrand is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Kirsten Gillibrand sits on the following committees:
Gillibrand was the primary sponsor of 13 bills that were enacted. The most recent include:
- S. 3071 (114th): A bill to designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 7802 37th Avenue in Jackson Heights, New York, as the “Jeanne and Jules ...
- S. 2465 (114th): A bill to designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 15 Rochester Street in Bergen, New York, as the Barry G. Miller Post ...
- S. 2088 (114th): A bill to designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 90 Cornell Street in Kingston, New York, at the “Staff Sergeant Robert H. ...
- S. 3435 (112th): A bill to designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 26 East Genesee Street in Baldwinsville, New York, as the “Corporal Kyle Schneider ...
- S. 2034 (112th): Syria Human Rights Accountability Act of 2012
- S. 1591 (112th): Raoul Wallenberg Centennial Celebration Act
- S. 366 (112th): Iran Transparency and Accountability Act of 2011
We consider a bill enacted if it is enacted or if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted, as determined by an automated text analysis.
Gillibrand sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Health (18%) Government Operations and Politics (16%) Agriculture and Food (14%) Public Lands and Natural Resources (13%) Armed Forces and National Security (12%) Education (12%) Taxation (9%) Environmental Protection (6%)
Some of Gillibrand’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 422: A bill to amend title 38, United States Code, to clarify presumptions relating ...
- S. 391: A bill to establish the African Burial Ground International Memorial Museum and Educational ...
- S. 337: FAMILY Act
- S. 104: Trafficking Survivors Relief Act of 2017
- S. 55: Fort Ontario Study Act
- S. 3441 (114th): Trafficking Survivors Relief Act of 2016
- S. 3431 (114th): Scleroderma and Fibrosis Research Enhancement Act of 2016
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2009 to Feb 2017, Gillibrand missed 21 of 2,398 roll call votes, which is 0.9%. This is better than the median of 1.4% among the lifetime records of senators currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 19 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: