2015 Report CardRead our 2015 Report Card for Gillibrand »
Our unique analysis of the bills Gillibrand has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into her position in the Senate.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the Senate. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Gillibrand is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Kirsten Gillibrand sits on the following committees:
Senate Committee on Agriculture, Nutrition, and Forestry
- Ranking Member, Subcommittee on Livestock, Marketing and Agriculture Security
- Member, Subcommittee on Commodities, Risk Management and Trade
- Member, Subcommittee on Nutrition, Specialty Crops, and Agricultural Research
- Senate Committee on Armed Services
- Senate Committee on Environment and Public Works
- Senate Special Committee on Aging
Gillibrand sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Agriculture and Food (20%) Health (18%) Government Operations and Politics (13%) Public Lands and Natural Resources (12%) Armed Forces and National Security (12%) Education (10%) Taxation (8%) Commerce (6%)
Some of Gillibrand’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 3071: A bill to designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located ...
- S. 2682: Territories Relief Act
- S. 2652: A bill to extend the authorization of the Highlands Conservation Act.
- S. 2622: Fort Ontario Study Act
- S.Res. 379: A resolution celebrating Black History Month.
- S.Res. 372: A resolution celebrating Black History Month
- S. 2567: Preventing Overprescribing for Pain Act of 2016
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2009 to Jun 2016, Gillibrand missed 21 of 2,274 roll call votes, which is 0.9%. This is better than the median of 1.6% among the lifetime records of senators currently serving. ProPublica has tracked 19 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: