Read our 2018 Report Card for Schrader.
Schrader is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Schrader has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to Nov 20, 2019. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Kurt Schrader sits on the following committees:
Schrader was the primary sponsor of 4 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 937: Right Rebate Act of 2019
- H.R. 3212 (114th): To amend the Grand Ronde Reservation Act to make technical corrections, and for other purposes.
- H.R. 3211 (114th): To provide for the addition of certain real property to the reservation of the Siletz Tribe in the State of Oregon.
- H.R. 1528 (113th): Veterinary Medicine Mobility Act of 2014
Does 4 not sound like a lot? Very few bills are ever enacted — most legislators sponsor only a handful that are signed into law. But there are other legislative activities that we don’t track that are also important, including offering amendments, committee work and oversight of the other branches, and constituent services.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Schrader sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Health (32%) Government Operations and Politics (18%) Public Lands and Natural Resources (15%) Armed Forces and National Security (15%) Native Americans (9%) Economics and Public Finance (6%) International Affairs (6%)
Some of Schrader’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5054: To ensure that United States Government personnel, including members of the Armed Forces ...
- H.R. 4888: To amend the Grand Ronde Reservation Act, and for other purposes.
- H.R. 4455: BIOSIM Act
- H.R. 4066: No Adding, No Padding Act
- H.R. 3771: Advancing Emergency Preparedness Through One Health Act of 2019
- H.R. 3586: Energy Savings and Building Efficiency Act of 2019
- H.R. 2564: Medicare Enrollment Protection Act
From Jan 2009 to Nov 2019, Schrader missed 275 of 7,619 roll call votes, which is 3.6%. This is worse than the median of 2.2% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: