Schrader is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Schrader has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 3, 2017 to Dec 2, 2022. See full analysis methodology.
Kurt Schrader sits on the following committees:
Schrader was the primary sponsor of 5 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 2815: BIOSIM Act
- H.R. 937 (116th): Right Rebate Act of 2019
- H.R. 3212 (114th): To amend the Grand Ronde Reservation Act to make technical corrections, and for other purposes.
- H.R. 3211 (114th): To provide for the addition of certain real property to the reservation of the Siletz Tribe in the State of Oregon.
- H.R. 1528 (113th): Veterinary Medicine Mobility Act of 2014
Does 5 not sound like a lot? Very few bills are ever enacted — most legislators sponsor only a handful that are signed into law. But there are other legislative activities that we don’t track that are also important, including offering amendments, committee work and oversight of the other branches, and constituent services.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Schrader sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Recently Introduced Bills
Schrader recently introduced the following legislation:
- H.R. 8791: Medicare Enrollment Protection Act of 2022
- H.Res. 1048: Recognizing small business leadership in combating climate change.
- H.R. 7389: MVP Act
- H.R. 7047: Lowering Costs by Improving Biosimilar Uptake Act
- H.R. 6345: To amend the Siletz Reservation Act to address the hunting, fishing, trapping, and …
- H.R. 6346: To amend the Grand Ronde Reservation Act to address the hunting, fishing, trapping, …
- H.R. 5632: Long-Term Care Pharmacy Definition Act of 2021
Most legislation has no activity after being introduced.
From Jan 2009 to Dec 2022, Schrader missed 296 of 8,863 roll call votes, which is 3.3%. This is worse than the median of 2.0% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: