Read our 2020 Report Card for Sinema.
Sinema is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the Senate positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Sinema has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 3, 2017 to Aug 7, 2022. See full analysis methodology.
Kyrsten Sinema sits on the following committees:
Sinema was the primary sponsor of 12 bills that were enacted. The most recent include:
- S. 2541: Shadow Wolves Enhancement Act
- S. 2580: Alexander Lofgren Veterans in Parks (VIP) Act
- S. 2558 (116th): Nursing Home Care for Native American Veterans Act
- S. 4224 (116th): Southwest Border Security Technology Improvement Act of 2020
- S. 2864 (116th): Sergeant Daniel Somers Veterans Network of Support Act of 2019
- S. 2668 (116th): Solar Energy Research and Development Act of 2019
- S. 2570 (116th): Greg LeMond Congressional Gold Medal Act
Does 12 not sound like a lot? Very few bills are ever enacted — most legislators sponsor only a handful that are signed into law. But there are other legislative activities that we don’t track that are also important, including offering amendments, committee work and oversight of the other branches, and constituent services.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Sinema sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Armed Forces and National Security (31%) Government Operations and Politics (24%) Native Americans (11%) Public Lands and Natural Resources (9%) Environmental Protection (7%) Finance and Financial Sector (7%) Labor and Employment (5%) Immigration (5%)
Recently Introduced Bills
Sinema recently introduced the following legislation:
- S. 4548: Nogales Wastewater Improvement Act of 2022
- S. 4528: Improving Digital Identity Act of 2022
- S. 4412: Protecting Social Workers and Health Professionals from Workplace Violence Act
- S. 4325: Credit Union Board Modernization Act
- S.Res. 619: A resolution expressing the sense of the Senate that public servants should be …
- S. 4104: Hualapai Tribe Water Rights Settlement Act of 2022
- S. 3684: Improving Social Security’s Service to Victims of Identity Theft Act
Most legislation has no activity after being introduced.
From Jan 2019 to Aug 2022, Sinema missed 94 of 1,572 roll call votes, which is 6.0%. This is much worse than the median of 2.4% among the lifetime records of senators currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: