Read our 2019 Report Card for Sinema.
Sinema is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the Senate positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Sinema has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to Jan 21, 2020. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Kyrsten Sinema sits on the following committees:
Sinema was the primary sponsor of 5 bills that were enacted:
- S. 504: Let Everyone Get Involved in Opportunities for National Service Act
- S. 1749: Protecting Affordable Mortgages for Veterans Act of 2019
- S. 1467: Sergeant Daniel Somers Network of Support Act
- H.R. 3758: Senior Safe Act of 2017
- H.R. 3100: To require the President to develop a national strategy for combating the financing of terrorism and related forms of illicit finance, and for other purposes.
Does 5 not sound like a lot? Very few bills are ever enacted — most legislators sponsor only a handful that are signed into law. But there are other legislative activities that we don’t track that are also important, including offering amendments, committee work and oversight of the other branches, and constituent services.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Sinema sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Sinema’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 3127: Grand Canyon Centennial Protection Act
- S. 2880: Protecting Social Workers and Health Professionals from Workplace Violence Act of 2019
- S. 2864: Sergeant Daniel Somers Veterans Network of Support Act of 2019
- S. 2862: Drought Relief through Innovative Projects Act of 2019
- S. 2813: CBP Hiring and Retention Innovation Act
- S. 2668: Solar Energy Research and Development Act of 2019
- S. 2651: Honoring Veterans’ Families Act of 2019
From Jan 2019 to Jan 2020, Sinema missed 23 of 454 roll call votes, which is 5.1%. This is much worse than the median of 1.4% among the lifetime records of senators currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: