2015 Report CardRead our 2015 Report Card for Alexander »
Our unique analysis of the bills Alexander has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the Senate.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the Senate. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Alexander is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Lamar Alexander sits on the following committees:
- Chairman, Senate Committee on Health, Education, Labor, and Pensions
Senate Committee on Appropriations
- Chairman, Subcommittee on Energy and Water Development
- Member, Subcommittee on Commerce, Justice, Science, and Related Agencies
- Member, Subcommittee on Department of Defense
- Member, Subcommittee on Department of the Interior, Environment, and Related Agencies
- Member, Subcommittee on Departments of Labor, Health and Human Services, and Education, and Related Agencies
- Member, Subcommittee on Transportation, Housing and Urban Development, and Related Agencies
- Senate Committee on Energy and Natural Resources
- Senate Committee on Rules and Administration
Alexander sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Alexander’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S.Res. 449: A resolution congratulating the students, parents, teachers, and leaders of charter schools across ...
- S. 2804: Energy and Water Development and Related Agencies Appropriations Act, 2017
- S. 2742: Promoting Biomedical Research and Public Health for Patients Act
- S. 2713: Advancing Precision Medicine Act of 2016
- S. 2700: FDA and NIH Workforce Authorities Modernization Act
- S. 2693: EEOC Reform Act
- S. 2686: Protecting Local Business Opportunity Act
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 2003 to May 2016, Alexander missed 140 of 4,240 roll call votes, which is 3.3%. This is worse than the median of 1.6% among the lifetime records of senators currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: