Bucshon is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Bucshon has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 3, 2017 to Nov 22, 2022. See full analysis methodology.
Larry Bucshon sits on the following committees:
Bucshon was the primary sponsor of 9 bills that were enacted. The most recent include:
- H.R. 1873: Advancing Education on Biosimilars Act of 2021
- H.R. 4734 (116th): To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 171 South Maple Street in Dana, Indiana, as the “Ernest ‘Ernie’ T. Pyle Post Office”.
- H.R. 3245 (116th): Restore the Harmony Way Bridge Act
- H.R. 4696 (115th): Promoting Hydropower Development at Existing Nonpowered Dams Act
- H.R. 2872 (115th): Promoting Hydropower Development at Existing Nonpowered Dams Act
- H.R. 4981 (114th): Opioid Use Disorder Treatment Expansion and Modernization Act
- H.R. 3716 (114th): Ensuring Access to Quality Medicaid Providers Act
Does 9 not sound like a lot? Very few bills are ever enacted — most legislators sponsor only a handful that are signed into law. But there are other legislative activities that we don’t track that are also important, including offering amendments, committee work and oversight of the other branches, and constituent services.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Bucshon sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Recently Introduced Bills
Bucshon recently introduced the following legislation:
- H.R. 9329: Small Business Establishment Registration Waiver Act
- H.Res. 1315: Honoring and celebrating the life and legacy of Representative Jackie Walorski.
- H.Res. 1263: Of inquiry directing the President to provide certain documents in the President’s possession …
- H.R. 7238: Timely Treatment for Opioid Use Disorder Act of 2022
- H.R. 6363: Genetic Sequencing Accountability Act
- H.R. 5510: Truth in Healthcare Marketing Act of 2021
- H.R. 5394: Meaningful Access to Federal Health Plan Claims Data Act of 2021
Most legislation has no activity after being introduced.
From Jan 2011 to Nov 2022, Bucshon missed 115 of 7,219 roll call votes, which is 1.6%. This is on par with the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: