Read our 2016 Report Card for Bucshon.
Our unique analysis of the bills Bucshon has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Bucshon is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Larry Bucshon sits on the following committees:
Bucshon was the primary sponsor of 3 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 4981 (114th): Opioid Use Disorder Treatment Expansion and Modernization Act
- H.R. 3095 (113th): To ensure that any new or revised requirement providing for the screening, testing, or treatment of individuals operating commercial motor vehicles for sleep disorders is adopted pursuant ...
- H.R. 6456 (112th): Military CDL Act of 2012
We consider a bill enacted if it is enacted or if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted, as determined by an automated text analysis.
Bucshon sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Bucshon’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.Res. 216: Congratulating the Plastics Industry Association on its 80th anniversary.
- H.R. 1325: To amend title XIX of the Social Security Act to provide States with ...
- H.R. 708: State Age Rating Flexibility Act of 2017
- H.R. 6012 (114th): BREATH Act of 2016
- H.R. 5921 (114th): State Age Rating Flexibility Act of 2016
- H.R. 5763 (114th): Prostate Cancer Misdiagnosis Elimination Act of 2016
- H.R. 5122 (114th): To prohibit further action on the proposed rule regarding testing of Medicare ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
|Bucshon’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.Res. 450: Providing for the consideration of the bill (H.R. 597) to reauthorize the Export-Import Bank of the United States, ...
Oct 27, 2015. Passed 275/154.
H.R. 2048: Uniting and Strengthening America by Fulfilling Rights and Ensuring Effective Discipline Over Monitoring Act of 2015
May 13, 2015. Passed 338/88.
The USA Freedom Act (H.R. 2048, Pub.L. 114–23) is a U.S. law enacted on June 2, 2015 that restored in modified form several provisions of the Patriot Act, which had expired the day before. The act imposes some new limits on the bulk collection of ...
H.R. 83 (113th): Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2015
Dec 11, 2014. Passed 219/206.
This bill became the vehicle for passage of the Consolidated and Further Continuing Appropriations Act, 2015 [pdf], which was approved by the House on December 11, 2014 and by the Senate on December 13, 2014. The bill was originally introduced on January 3, 2013 by ...
H.J.Res. 124 (113th): Continuing Appropriations Resolution, 2015
Sep 17, 2014. Passed 319/108.
H.R. 1022 (112th): Buffalo Soldiers in the National Parks Study Act
Jan 25, 2012. Passed 338/70.
H.R. 1540 (112th): National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2012
Dec 14, 2011. Passed 283/136.
H.R. 2608 (112th): Continuing Appropriations Act, 2012
Sep 21, 2011. Failed 195/230.
H.R. 1249 (112th): Leahy-Smith America Invents Act
Jun 23, 2011. Passed 304/117.
The Leahy–Smith America Invents Act (AIA) is a United States federal statute that was passed by Congress and was signed into law by President Barack Obama on September 16, 2011. The law represents the most significant change to the U.S. patent system since 1952, and ...
From Jan 2011 to Mar 2017, Bucshon missed 45 of 4,325 roll call votes, which is 1.0%. This is better than the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: