Read our 2019 Report Card for Bucshon.
Bucshon is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Bucshon has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to May 27, 2020. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Larry Bucshon sits on the following committees:
Bucshon was the primary sponsor of 7 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 3245: Restore the Harmony Way Bridge Act
- H.R. 4696: Promoting Hydropower Development at Existing Nonpowered Dams Act
- H.R. 2872: Promoting Hydropower Development at Existing Nonpowered Dams Act
- H.R. 4981 (114th): Opioid Use Disorder Treatment Expansion and Modernization Act
- H.R. 3716 (114th): Ensuring Access to Quality Medicaid Providers Act
- H.R. 3095 (113th): To ensure that any new or revised requirement providing for the screening, testing, or treatment of individuals operating commercial motor vehicles for sleep disorders is adopted pursuant ...
- H.R. 6456 (112th): Military CDL Act of 2012
Does 7 not sound like a lot? Very few bills are ever enacted — most legislators sponsor only a handful that are signed into law. But there are other legislative activities that we don’t track that are also important, including offering amendments, committee work and oversight of the other branches, and constituent services.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Bucshon sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Bucshon’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 7025: To amend the Public Health Service Act to authorize grants to certain public ...
- H.R. 6927: To require the Secretary of Commerce to conduct a study on new and ...
- H.R. 6663: Truth in Healthcare Marketing Act of 2020
- H.R. 6231: Ensuring Access to COVID-19 Preventive Care Act of 2020
- H.R. 4734: To designate the facility of the United States Postal Service located at 171 ...
- H.R. 4400: Advancing Education on Biosimilars Act of 2019
- H.R. 4215: Excellence in Maternal Health Act of 2019
From Jan 2011 to May 2020, Bucshon missed 77 of 6,161 roll call votes, which is 1.2%. This is better than the median of 2.2% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: