Read our 2017 Report Card for Bucshon.
Bucshon is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Bucshon has sponsored and cosponsored. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Larry Bucshon sits on the following committees:
Bucshon was the primary sponsor of 4 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 4981 (114th): Opioid Use Disorder Treatment Expansion and Modernization Act
- H.R. 3716 (114th): Ensuring Access to Quality Medicaid Providers Act
- H.R. 3095 (113th): To ensure that any new or revised requirement providing for the screening, testing, or treatment of individuals operating commercial motor vehicles for sleep disorders is adopted pursuant ...
- H.R. 6456 (112th): Military CDL Act of 2012
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Bucshon sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Bucshon’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5798: Opioid Screening and Chronic Pain Management Alternatives for Seniors Act
- H.R. 5270: Electricity Reliability and Fuel Security Act
- H.R. 4710: 340B PAUSE Act
- H.R. 4696: Promoting Hydropower Development at Existing Nonpowered Dams Act
- H.R. 4297: Protecting Seniors Through Immunization Act of 2017
- H.R. 4206: Medicare Care Coordination Improvement Act of 2017
- H.R. 3928: Truth in Healthcare Marketing Act of 2017
|Bucshon’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.Res. 450: Providing for the consideration of the bill (H.R. 597) to reauthorize the Export-Import Bank of the United States, ...
Oct 27, 2015. Passed 275/154.
H.R. 2146: Defending Public Safety Employees’ Retirement Act
Jun 18, 2015. Passed 218/208.
This vote made H.R. 2146 the vehicle for passage of Trade Promotion Authority (TPA) for the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) trade deal currently being negotiated. H.R. 2146 was originally introduced as a bill to address issues with retirement funds of federal law enforcement officers and firefighters. ...
H.R. 2048: Uniting and Strengthening America by Fulfilling Rights and Ensuring Effective Discipline Over Monitoring Act of 2015
May 13, 2015. Passed 338/88.
The USA Freedom Act (H.R. 2048, Pub.L. 114–23) is a U.S. law enacted on June 2, 2015 that restored in modified form several provisions of the Patriot Act, which had expired the day before. The act imposes some new limits on the bulk collection of ...
H.J.Res. 124 (113th): Continuing Appropriations Resolution, 2015
Sep 17, 2014. Passed 319/108.
H.R. 1022 (112th): Buffalo Soldiers in the National Parks Study Act
Jan 25, 2012. Passed 338/70.
H.R. 1540 (112th): National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2012
Dec 14, 2011. Passed 283/136.
H.R. 2608 (112th): Continuing Appropriations Act, 2012
Sep 21, 2011. Failed 195/230.
H.R. 1249 (112th): Leahy-Smith America Invents Act
Jun 23, 2011. Passed 304/117.
The Leahy–Smith America Invents Act (AIA) is a United States federal statute that was passed by Congress and was signed into law by President Barack Obama on September 16, 2011. The law represents the most significant change to the U.S. patent system since 1952, and ...
From Jan 2011 to Jul 2018, Bucshon missed 54 of 5,173 roll call votes, which is 1.0%. This is better than the median of 2.4% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: