Read our 2018 Report Card for Bucshon.
Bucshon is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Bucshon has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to Jun 21, 2019. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Larry Bucshon sits on the following committees:
Bucshon was the primary sponsor of 6 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 4696: Promoting Hydropower Development at Existing Nonpowered Dams Act
- H.R. 2872: Promoting Hydropower Development at Existing Nonpowered Dams Act
- H.R. 4981 (114th): Opioid Use Disorder Treatment Expansion and Modernization Act
- H.R. 3716 (114th): Ensuring Access to Quality Medicaid Providers Act
- H.R. 3095 (113th): To ensure that any new or revised requirement providing for the screening, testing, or treatment of individuals operating commercial motor vehicles for sleep disorders is adopted pursuant ...
- H.R. 6456 (112th): Military CDL Act of 2012
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Bucshon sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Bucshon’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 3245: Restore the Harmony Way Bridge Act
- H.R. 2022: ESOP Business Act of 2019
- H.Res. 69: Recognizing the 300th anniversary of the founding of the Principality of Liechtenstein, and ...
- H.R. 7206 (115th): ESOP Business Act of 2018
- H.R. 6793: Restore the Harmony Way Bridge Act
- H.R. 5798: Opioid Screening and Chronic Pain Management Alternatives for Seniors Act
- H.R. 5270: Electricity Reliability and Fuel Security Act
From Jan 2011 to Jun 2019, Bucshon missed 76 of 5,743 roll call votes, which is 1.3%. This is on par with the median of 2.1% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: