Our unique analysis of the bills Craig sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the Senate.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the Senate in 2008. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Craig is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Craig was the primary sponsor of 22 bills that were enacted. The most recent include:
- S. 1266 (110th): Veterans’ Dignified Burial Assistance Act of 2007
- S. 3421 (109th): Veterans Benefits, Health Care, and Information Technology Act of 2006
- S. 1131 (109th): Idaho Land Enhancement Act
- S. 2562 (109th): Veterans’ Compensation Cost-of-Living Adjustment Act of 2006
- S. 1235 (109th): Veterans’ Housing Opportunity and Benefits Improvement Act of 2006
- S. 1234 (109th): Veterans’ Compensation Cost-of-Living Adjustment Act of 2005
- S. 397 (109th): Protection of Lawful Commerce in Arms Act
We consider a bill enacted if it is enacted or if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted, as determined by an automated text analysis.
Craig sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Government Operations and Politics (20%) Armed Forces and National Security (15%) Law (13%) Economics and Public Finance (12%) Social Welfare (12%) Health (10%) Public Lands and Natural Resources (10%) Families (9%)
Some of Craig’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 16 (110th): A bill to provide for certain land to be held in trust ...
- S. 3516 (110th): Idaho Efficient Vehicle Demonstration Act of 2008
- S. 2953 (110th): DOES Act
- S. 2646 (110th): A bill for the relief of Thomas Stephen Long, Patricia Merryl Long, ...
- S. 2582 (110th): A bill for the relief of Sali Bregaj, Mjaftime Bregaj, and Nertila ...
- S. 1803 (110th): Idaho Land Conveyance Act of 2007
- S. 1802 (110th): Idaho Wilderness Boundary Modification Act of 2008
View All » (including bills from previous years)
|Craig’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 7081 (110th): United States-India Nuclear Cooperation Approval and Nonproliferation Enhancement Act
Oct 1, 2008. Bill Passed 86/13.
H.R. 2642 (110th): Supplemental Appropriations Act, 2008
Jun 26, 2008. Motion Agreed to 92/6.
H.R. 6124 (110th): Food, Conservation, and Energy Act of 2008
Jun 18, 2008. Veto Overridden 80/14.
H.R. 2419 (110th): Food, Conservation, and Energy Act of 2008
Dec 14, 2007. Bill Passed 79/14.
The Food, Conservation, and Energy Act of 2008 (Pub.L. 110–234, H.R. 2419, 122 Stat. 923, enacted May 22, 2008, also known as the 2008 U.S. Farm Bill) was a $288 billion, five-year agricultural policy bill that was passed into law by the United States Congress ...
H.R. 6 (110th): Energy Independence and Security Act of 2007
Jun 21, 2007. Bill Passed 65/27.
The Energy Independence and Security Act of 2007 (Pub.L. 110-140 originally named the Clean Energy Act of 2007) is an Act of Congress concerning the energy policy of the United States. As part of the Democratic Party's 100-Hour Plan during the 110th Congress, it was ...
On the Nomination PN177: Gen. George W. Casey, Jr., in the Army, to be General
Feb 8, 2007. Nomination Confirmed 83/14.
From Jan 1991 to Dec 2008, Craig missed 86 of 6,087 roll call votes, which is 1.4%. This is better than the median of 2.2% among the lifetime records of senators serving in Dec 2008. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- Congressional Pictorial Directory for the photo
- GPO.gov/FDSys, for sponsored bills