Our unique analysis of the bills Kissell sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 2013. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Kissell is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Kissell was the primary sponsor of 1 bill that was enacted:
We consider a bill enacted if it is enacted or if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted, as determined by an automated text analysis.
Kissell sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Foreign Trade and International Finance (35%) Armed Forces and National Security (21%) Health (9%) Taxation (9%) Transportation and Public Works (9%) Finance and Financial Sector (6%) Education (6%) Energy (6%)
Some of Kissell’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.Res. 818 (112th): Expressing support for designating January 8th as Elvis Presley Day.
- H.R. 6466 (112th): To amend title XVIII of the Social Security Act to exempt certain ...
- H.Res. 645 (112th): Supporting the goals and ideals of National Teacher Day.
- H.R. 5327 (112th): To extend the temporary suspension of duty on preparations based on ethanediamide, ...
- H.R. 5153 (112th): To extend the temporary suspension of duty on 1-Acetyl-4-(3-dodecyl-2, 5-dioxo-1-pyrrolidinyl)-2,2,6,6-tetramethylpiperidine.
- H.R. 5151 (112th): To extend the temporary suspension of duty on 3-Dodecyl-1-(2,2,6,6-tetramethyl-4-piperidinyl)-2,5-pyrrolid inedione.
- H.R. 5150 (112th): To suspend temporarily the duty on Pigment Orange 62.
View All » (including bills from previous years)
|Kissell’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.J.Res. 117 (112th): Continuing Appropriations Resolution, 2013
Sep 13, 2012. Passed 329/91.
H.R. 6233 (112th): Agricultural Disaster Assistance Act of 2012
Aug 2, 2012. Passed 223/197.
H.R. 4628 (112th): Interest Rate Reduction Act
Apr 27, 2012. Passed 215/195.
H.R. 2608 (112th): Continuing Appropriations Act, 2012
Sep 21, 2011. Failed 195/230.
S. 365 (112th): Budget Control Act of 2011
Aug 1, 2011. Passed 269/161.
The Budget Control Act of 2011 (Pub.L. 112–25, S. 365, 125 Stat. 240, enacted August 2, 2011) is a federal statute in the United States that was signed into law by President Barack Obama on August 2, 2011. The Act brought conclusion to the United ...
H.R. 1249 (112th): Leahy-Smith America Invents Act
Jun 23, 2011. Passed 304/117.
The Leahy–Smith America Invents Act (AIA) is a United States federal statute that was passed by Congress and was signed into law by President Barack Obama on September 16, 2011. The law represents the most significant change to the U.S. patent system since 1952, and ...
S. 3729 (111th): National Aeronautics and Space Administration Authorization Act of 2010
Sep 29, 2010. Passed 304/118.
H.R. 1752 (111th): To provide that the usual day for paying salaries in or under the House of Representatives may ...
Jul 30, 2009. Failed 282/144.
From Jan 2009 to Jan 2013, Kissell missed 50 of 3,261 roll call votes, which is 1.5%. This is better than the median of 2.6% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Jan 2013. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: