Our unique analysis of the bills LaRocco sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 1994. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). LaRocco is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
LaRocco was the primary sponsor of 2 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 236 (103rd): To establish the Snake River Birds of Prey National Conservation Area in the State of Idaho, and for other purposes.
- H.R. 6022 (102nd): Ted Weiss Child Support Enforcement Act of 1992
We consider a bill enacted if it is enacted or if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted, as determined by an automated text analysis.
LaRocco sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Public Lands and Natural Resources (23%) Government Operations and Politics (16%) Environmental Protection (15%) Commerce (12%) Economics and Public Finance (11%) Science, Technology, Communications (8%) Water Resources Development (7%) Finance and Financial Sector (7%)
Some of LaRocco’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5007 (103rd): National Forest Stewardship Contracting Act of 1994
- H.R. 4962 (103rd): Coeur d’Alene Basin Restoration Act of 1994
- H.R. 4961 (103rd): Coeur d’Alene Basin and Spokane River Restoration Act of 1994
- H.Res. 403 (103rd): Requesting the President to designate April 1994 as “National Savings Month”.
- H.R. 4083 (103rd): Lower Salmon River Recreational and Scenic Rivers Act of 1994
- H.R. 3944 (103rd): Stewardship End-Result Contracts Demonstration Act
- H.R. 3909 (103rd): To amend title XVII of the Public Health Service Act to authorize ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1991 to Nov 1994, LaRocco missed 30 of 2,054 roll call votes, which is 1.5%. This is better than the median of 3.4% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Nov 1994. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: