LaRocco was the representative for Idaho’s 1st congressional district and was a Democrat. He served from 1991 to 1994.
LaRocco is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 1994 positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills LaRocco sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 3, 1989 to Nov 29, 1994. See full analysis methodology.
LaRocco was the primary sponsor of 2 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 236 (103rd): To establish the Snake River Birds of Prey National Conservation Area in the State of Idaho, and for other purposes.
- H.R. 6022 (102nd): Ted Weiss Child Support Enforcement Act of 1992
Does 2 not sound like a lot? Very few bills are ever enacted — most legislators sponsor only a handful that are signed into law. But there are other legislative activities that we don’t track that are also important, including offering amendments, committee work and oversight of the other branches, and constituent services.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
LaRocco sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Public Lands and Natural Resources (23%) Government Operations and Politics (16%) Environmental Protection (15%) Commerce (12%) Economics and Public Finance (11%) Science, Technology, Communications (8%) Water Resources Development (7%) Finance and Financial Sector (7%)
Some of LaRocco’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5007 (103rd): National Forest Stewardship Contracting Act of 1994
- H.R. 4961 (103rd): Coeur d’Alene Basin and Spokane River Restoration Act of 1994
- H.R. 4962 (103rd): Coeur d’Alene Basin Restoration Act of 1994
- H.Res. 403 (103rd): Requesting the President to designate April 1994 as “National Savings Month”.
- H.R. 4083 (103rd): Lower Salmon River Recreational and Scenic Rivers Act of 1994
- H.R. 3944 (103rd): Stewardship End-Result Contracts Demonstration Act
- H.Res. 371 (103rd): Requesting the President to designate April, 1994 as “National Savings Month”.
From Jan 1991 to Nov 1994, LaRocco missed 30 of 2,054 roll call votes, which is 1.5%. This is better than the median of 3.4% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Nov 1994. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: