Sen. Larry Pressler
Former Senator from South Dakota
|Dates||Title / State / District|
South Dakota's 1st District
See Also: Bioguide
Pressler was a rank-and-file Republican according to GovTrack's own analysis of bill sponsorship from Pressler’s time serving in the Senate. Pressler’s bills had a total of 190 cosponsors in the 104th Congress.
Use this chart to compare Pressler to other members of the Senate in the 104th Congress on leadership and ideology.
This chart is based on principal components analysis for ideology and PageRank for leadership. See analysis methodology.
Some of Pressler’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S. 2091 (104th): Small Business and Farm Transportation Regulatory Relief Act
- S. 2086 (104th): International Tax Simplification for American Competitiveness Act
- S.Res. 292 (104th): A resolution designating the second Sunday in October of 1996 as “National ...
- S. 1994 (104th): Federal Aviation Reauthorization Act of 1996
- S. 1957 (104th): Intermodal Safe Container Transportation Amendments Act of 1996
- S.Con.Res. 65 (104th): A concurrent resolution expressing the sense of the Congress that Members should ...
- S. 1862 (104th): Interstate Distribution of State-Inspected Meat Act of 1996
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Feb 1979 to Oct 1996, Pressler missed 466 of 7,042 roll call votes, which is 6.6%. This is worse than the median of 2.6% among the lifetime records of senators serving in Oct 1996. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress for the photo
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills