Our unique analysis of the bills Richardson sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into her position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 2013. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Richardson is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Richardson sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Richardson’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 6718 (112th): Early Intervention for Toddlers and Infants with Disabilities Act
- H.R. 6714 (112th): Cainaan Putuga Wendt Shock of Life Act
- H.R. 6709 (112th): Course Material Pilot Grant Program Act
- H.R. 6711 (112th): Keeping our Communities Safe by Strengthening Safety Standards for Chemical Facilities Act
- H.R. 6708 (112th): To authorize certain appropriations under the Native American Programs Act of 1974.
- H.R. 6707 (112th): Child Care and Resources Education Act of 2012
- H.R. 6715 (112th): To authorize the Secretary of Homeland Security, acting through the Administrator of ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Sep 2007 to Jan 2013, Richardson missed 175 of 4,289 roll call votes, which is 4.1%. This is worse than the median of 2.6% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Jan 2013. ProPublica has tracked 51 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress for the photo
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills