Our unique analysis of the bills Richardson sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into her position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 2013. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Richardson is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Richardson was the primary sponsor of 3 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 6482 (111th): Diesel Emissions Reduction Act of 2010
- H.R. 4957 (111th): Federal Aviation Administration Extension Act of 2010
- H.R. 4131 (110th): To designate a portion of California State Route 91 located in Los Angeles County, California, as the “Juanita Millender-McDonald Highway”.
We consider a bill enacted if it is enacted or if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted, as determined by an automated text analysis.
Richardson sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Richardson’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 6718 (112th): Early Intervention for Toddlers and Infants with Disabilities Act
- H.R. 6714 (112th): Cainaan Putuga Wendt Shock of Life Act
- H.R. 6709 (112th): Course Material Pilot Grant Program Act
- H.R. 6711 (112th): Keeping our Communities Safe by Strengthening Safety Standards for Chemical Facilities Act
- H.R. 6708 (112th): To authorize certain appropriations under the Native American Programs Act of 1974.
- H.R. 6707 (112th): Child Care and Resources Education Act of 2012
- H.R. 6715 (112th): To authorize the Secretary of Homeland Security, acting through the Administrator of ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
|Richardson’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 6233 (112th): Agricultural Disaster Assistance Act of 2012
Aug 2, 2012. Passed 223/197.
H.R. 2362 (112th): Indian Tribal Trade and Investment Demonstration Project Act of 2011
Jul 23, 2012. Failed 222/160.
H.R. 2218 (112th): Empowering Parents through Quality Charter Schools Act
Sep 13, 2011. Passed 365/54.
S. 365 (112th): Budget Control Act of 2011
Aug 1, 2011. Passed 269/161.
The Budget Control Act of 2011 (Pub.L. 112–25, S. 365, 125 Stat. 240, enacted August 2, 2011) is a federal statute in the United States that was signed into law by President Barack Obama on August 2, 2011. The Act brought conclusion to the United ...
H.R. 2278 (112th): To limit the use of funds appropriated to the Department of Defense for United States Armed Forces ...
Jun 24, 2011. Failed 180/238.
H.R. 1249 (112th): Leahy-Smith America Invents Act
Jun 23, 2011. Passed 304/117.
The Leahy–Smith America Invents Act (AIA) is a United States federal statute that was passed by Congress and was signed into law by President Barack Obama on September 16, 2011. The law represents the most significant change to the U.S. patent system since 1952, and ...
S. 3729 (111th): National Aeronautics and Space Administration Authorization Act of 2010
Sep 29, 2010. Passed 304/118.
H.Res. 1137 (111th): Providing for consideration of the Senate amendment to the bill (H.R. 2847) making appropriations for the Departments ...
Mar 4, 2010. Passed 212/209.
From Sep 2007 to Jan 2013, Richardson missed 175 of 4,289 roll call votes, which is 4.1%. This is worse than the median of 2.6% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Jan 2013. ProPublica has tracked 51 explanations for these missed votes. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- Biographical Directory of the United States Congress for the photo
- GPO.gov/FDSys, for sponsored bills