Underwood is the representative for Illinois’s 14th congressional district (view map) and is a Democrat. She has served since Jan 3, 2019. Underwood is next up for reelection in 2020 and serves until Jan 3, 2021 unless re-elected.
Read our 2019 Report Card for Underwood.
Underwood is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot is a member of the House of Representatives positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Underwood has sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 6, 2015 to Jul 2, 2020. See full analysis methodology.
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Lauren Underwood sits on the following committees:
Underwood sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Underwood’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 7282: To require the Under Secretary for Intelligence and Analysis of the Department of ...
- H.R. 6845: No Coronavirus Copays for Veterans Act
- H.R. 6141: Protecting Moms Who Served Act
- H.R. 6142: Black Maternal Health Momnibus Act of 2020
- H.R. 6140: Veterans in STEM Act
- H.R. 5780: Safe Communities Act of 2020
- H.R. 5667: Safe Communities Act
From Jan 2019 to Jul 2020, Underwood missed 7 of 839 roll call votes, which is 0.8%. This is better than the median of 2.2% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: