DeNardis was the representative for Connecticut’s 3rd congressional district and was a Republican. He served from 1981 to 1982.
DeNardis is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 1982 positioned according to our ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills DeNardis sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 4, 1977 to Dec 21, 1982. See full analysis methodology.
DeNardis sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of DeNardis’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.J.Res. 503 (97th): A joint resolution to provide for the designation of July 27, 1982, …
- H.R. 5942 (97th): A bill to permit amounts in State unemployment compensation trust funds to …
- H.R. 5924 (97th): A bill to amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1954 to deny …
- H.Res. 407 (97th): A resolution expressing the sense of the Members of the House of …
- H.Res. 346 (97th): A resolution to amend the Rules of the House of Representatives with …
- H.Res. 344 (97th): A resolution acknowledging March 29, 1982, as the one hundredth anniversary of …
- H.Res. 345 (97th): A resolution to amend the Rules of the House of Representatives regarding …
From Jan 1981 to Dec 1982, DeNardis missed 149 of 812 roll call votes, which is 18.3%. This is much worse than the median of 7.8% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 1982. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
We don’t track why legislators miss votes, but it’s often due to medical absenses and major life events.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- unitedstates/congress-legislators, a community project gathering congressional information
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- GovInfo.gov, for sponsored bills