Read our 2016 Report Card for Zeldin.
Our unique analysis of the bills Zeldin has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Zeldin is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Ratings from Advocacy Organizations
Lee Zeldin sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on Financial Services
- House Committee on Foreign Affairs
Zeldin sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Zeldin’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 3998: Protect America Act of 2017
- H.R. 3730: To amend title XVIII of the Social Security Act to provide for the ...
- H.R. 3680: To amend title 38, United States Code, to make permanent the authority of ...
- H.R. 2868: National Flood Insurance Program Policyholder Protection Act of 2017
- H.R. 2580: ExCEL Act of 2017
- H.R. 2182: Plum Island Preservation Act
- H.Res. 279: Recognizing Israeli-American heritage and the contributions of the Israeli-American community to the United ...
|Zeldin’s Vote||Vote Description|
H.R. 5602: To amend title 31, United States Code, to authorize the Secretary of the Treasury to include all funds when issuing certain geographic targeting orders, and for ...
Jul 11, 2016. Passed 356/47.
H.R. 4889: Kelsey Smith Act
May 23, 2016. Failed 229/158.
H.R. 511: Tribal Labor Sovereignty Act of 2015
Nov 17, 2015. Passed 249/177.
H.R. 2146: Defending Public Safety Employees’ Retirement Act
Jun 18, 2015. Passed 218/208.
This vote made H.R. 2146 the vehicle for passage of Trade Promotion Authority (TPA) for the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) trade deal currently being negotiated. H.R. 2146 was originally introduced as a bill to address issues with retirement funds of federal law enforcement officers and firefighters. ...
H.R. 2048: Uniting and Strengthening America by Fulfilling Rights and Ensuring Effective Discipline Over Monitoring Act of 2015
May 13, 2015. Passed 338/88.
The USA Freedom Act (H.R. 2048, Pub.L. 114–23) is a U.S. law enacted on June 2, 2015 that restored in modified form several provisions of the Patriot Act, which had expired the day before. The act imposes some new limits on the bulk collection of ...
From Jan 2015 to Oct 2017, Zeldin missed 11 of 1,893 roll call votes, which is 0.6%. This is better than the median of 2.2% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: