Our unique analysis of the bills Zeldin has sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the House of Representatives. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Zeldin is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Read our 2015 Report Card for Zeldin for more statistics.
Lee Zeldin sits on the following committees:
- House Committee on Foreign Affairs
- House Committee on Transportation and Infrastructure
- House Committee on Veterans' Affairs
Zeldin sponsors bills primarily in these issue areas:
Some of Zeldin’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 4513: To authorize the Secretary of Veterans Affairs to make grants to State and ...
- H.R. 4314: Counterterrorism Screening and Assistance Act of 2016
- H.R. 4237: Protect America Act of 2015
- H.R. 3695: ExCEL Act of 2015
- H.R. 3229: To amend title XVIII of the Social Security Act to provide for the ...
- H.R. 3070: EEZ Transit Zone Clarification and Access Act
- H.R. 2803: To amend the Elementary and Secondary Education Act of 1965 to ensure State ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
|Zeldin’s Vote||Vote Description|
S. 764: A bill to reauthorize and amend the National Sea Grant College Program Act, and for other purposes.
Jul 14, 2016. Passed.
H.R. 5602: To amend title 31, United States Code, to authorize the Secretary of the Treasury to include all funds when issuing certain geographic targeting orders, and for ...
Jul 11, 2016. Passed.
H.R. 4889: Kelsey Smith Act
May 23, 2016. Failed.
H.R. 511: Tribal Labor Sovereignty Act of 2015
Nov 17, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 3038: Highway and Transportation Funding Act of 2015, Part II
Jul 15, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 2146: Defending Public Safety Employees’ Retirement Act
Jun 18, 2015. Passed.
H.R. 2048: Uniting and Strengthening America by Fulfilling Rights and Ensuring Effective Discipline Over Monitoring Act of 2015
May 13, 2015. Passed.
H.J.Res. 35: Making further continuing appropriations for fiscal year 2015, and for other purposes.
Feb 27, 2015. Failed.
From Jan 2015 to Sep 2016, Zeldin missed 4 of 1,277 roll call votes, which is 0.3%. This is better than the median of 2.3% among the lifetime records of representatives currently serving. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: