Zeferetti was the representative for New York’s 15th congressional district and was a Democrat. He served from 1975 to 1982.
Zeferetti is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 1982 positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Zeferetti sponsored and cosponsored from Jan 4, 1977 to Dec 21, 1982. See full analysis methodology.
Zeferetti was the primary sponsor of 4 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 1465 (97th): State and Local Government Cost Estimate Act of 1981
- H.R. 7782 (96th): An act to amend the District of Columbia Police and Firemen’s Salary Act of 1958 to provide for the same adjustments in the basic compensation of officers ...
- H.R. 3146 (96th): A bill for the relief of Patrick A. and Wayne L. Thomas.
- H.R. 15276 (94th): An Act to amend the District of Columbia Police and Firemen’s Salary Act of 1958 to provide for the same cost-of-living adjustments in the basic compensation of ...
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Zeferetti sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Crime and Law Enforcement (28%) Government Operations and Politics (21%) Social Welfare (10%) Economics and Public Finance (10%) Private Legislation (10%) Foreign Trade and International Finance (7%) Immigration (7%) International Affairs (7%)
Some of Zeferetti’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.Res. 630 (97th): A resolution providing for the consideration of the bill (H.R. 3191) to ...
- H.Res. 588 (97th): A resolution providing for the consideration of the bill (H.R. 5723) to ...
- H.Res. 560 (97th): A resolution waiving certain points of order against the bill (H.R. 6957) ...
- H.Res. 540 (97th): A resolution providing for the consideration of the bill (H.R. 6324) to ...
- H.Res. 520 (97th): A resolution providing for the consideration of the bill (H.R. 5617) to ...
- H.Res. 511 (97th): A resolution providing for the consideration of the bill (H.R. 5540) to ...
- H.Res. 490 (97th): A resolution providing for the consideration of the bill (H.R. 6254) to ...
From Jan 1975 to Dec 1982, Zeferetti missed 833 of 4,901 roll call votes, which is 17.0%. This is much worse than the median of 7.8% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 1982. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- unitedstates/congress-legislators, a community project gathering congressional information
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- GovInfo.gov, for sponsored bills