Our unique analysis of the bills Zeferetti sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 1982. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Zeferetti is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Zeferetti was the primary sponsor of 4 bills that were enacted:
- H.R. 1465 (97th): State and Local Government Cost Estimate Act of 1981
- H.R. 7782 (96th): An act to amend the District of Columbia Police and Firemen’s Salary Act of 1958 to provide for the same adjustments in the basic compensation of officers ...
- H.R. 3146 (96th): A bill for the relief of Patrick A. and Wayne L. Thomas.
- H.R. 15276 (94th): An Act to amend the District of Columbia Police and Firemen’s Salary Act of 1958 to provide for the same cost-of-living adjustments in the basic compensation of ...
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if about one third or more of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Zeferetti sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Crime and Law Enforcement (28%) Government Operations and Politics (21%) Private Legislation (10%) Social Welfare (10%) Economics and Public Finance (10%) Foreign Trade and International Finance (7%) Immigration (7%) International Affairs (7%)
Some of Zeferetti’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.Res. 630 (97th): A resolution providing for the consideration of the bill (H.R. 3191) to ...
- H.Res. 588 (97th): A resolution providing for the consideration of the bill (H.R. 5723) to ...
- H.Res. 560 (97th): A resolution waiving certain points of order against the bill (H.R. 6957) ...
- H.Res. 540 (97th): A resolution providing for the consideration of the bill (H.R. 6324) to ...
- H.Res. 520 (97th): A resolution providing for the consideration of the bill (H.R. 5617) to ...
- H.Res. 511 (97th): A resolution providing for the consideration of the bill (H.R. 5540) to ...
- H.Res. 490 (97th): A resolution providing for the consideration of the bill (H.R. 6254) to ...
From Jan 1975 to Dec 1982, Zeferetti missed 833 of 4,901 roll call votes, which is 17.0%. This is much worse than the median of 7.8% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 1982. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- Congress-Legislators, a community project collecting election information
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- GPO.gov/FDSys, for sponsored bills