Panetta was a moderate Democratic leader according to GovTrack's own analysis of bill sponsorship from Panetta’s time serving in the House of Representatives. Panetta’s bills had a total of 1,132 cosponsors in the 102nd Congress.
Use this chart to compare Panetta to other members of the House of Representatives in the 102nd Congress on leadership and ideology.
This chart is based on principal components analysis for ideology and PageRank for leadership. See analysis methodology.
Some of Panetta’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 533 (103rd): To provide for the transfer of a parcel of land at Fort ...
- H.R. 530 (103rd): To condition the closure of a military medical facility in the United ...
- H.R. 534 (103rd): To provide that a special census shall be conducted, without charge to ...
- H.R. 532 (103rd): Federal Foreign Language Institute Consolidation Act
- H.R. 531 (103rd): To provide for the conveyance of real property at Fort Ord, California, ...
- H.R. 529 (103rd): Mickey Leland Childhood Hunger Relief Act
- H.R. 473 (103rd): Philippine Scout Retirement Pay Equity Act
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Jan 1977 to Jan 1993, Panetta missed 241 of 8,175 roll call votes, which is 2.9%. This is better than the median of 3.4% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Jan 1993. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- THOMAS, for sponsored bills