Our unique analysis of the bills Aspin sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the House of Representatives.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the House of Representatives in 1992. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Aspin is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Aspin sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Armed Forces and National Security (28%) Environmental Protection (15%) Government Operations and Politics (13%) International Affairs (13%) Crime and Law Enforcement (8%) Foreign Trade and International Finance (8%) Health (8%) Economics and Public Finance (8%)
Some of Aspin’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 5006 (102nd): National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 1993
- H.Res. 351 (102nd): Providing amounts from the contingent fund of the House for expenses of ...
- H.R. 3870 (102nd): Soviet Military Threat Reduction Act of 1991
- H.J.Res. 313 (102nd): To provide that the Defense Base Closure and Realignment Commission shall make ...
- H.R. 2100 (102nd): National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Years 1992 and 1993
- H.R. 1687 (102nd): To provide for the striking of a gold medal to be presented ...
- H.J.Res. 191 (102nd): Designating January 5, 1992 through January 11, 1992 as “National Law Enforcement ...
View All » (including bills from previous years)
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including:
- The House and Senate websites, for committee membership and voting records
- Congressional Biographical Directory for elected positions
- United States Congressional Roll Call Voting Records, 1789-1990 by Howard L. Rosenthal and Keith T. Poole.
- Martis’s “The Historical Atlas of Political Parties in the United States Congress”, via Keith Poole’s roll call votes data set, for political party affiliation for Members of Congress from 1789 through about year 2000
- GPO.gov/FDSys, for sponsored bills