Our unique analysis of the bills Chafee sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the Senate.
Each dot in the chart below is a member of the Senate. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Chafee is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Some of Chafee’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S.Res. 562 (109th): A resolution paying tribute to the Reverend Waitstill Sharp and Martha Sharp ...
- S. 3240 (109th): A bill to amend the Harmonized Tariff Schedule of the United States ...
- S.Res. 301 (109th): A resolution commemorating the 100th anniversary of the National Audubon Society.
- S. 1410 (109th): Neotropical Migratory Bird Conservation Improvement Act of 2005
- S. 1400 (109th): Water Infrastructure Financing Act
- S. 1387 (109th): John H. Chafee Blackstone River Valley National Heritage Corridor Reauthorization Act of ...
- S. 1017 (109th): Water Resources Research Act Amendments of 2005
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Nov 1999 to Dec 2006, Chafee missed 28 of 2,272 roll call votes, which is 1.2%. This is better than the median of 2.0% among the lifetime records of senators serving in Dec 2006. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: