Chafee is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the Senate in 2006 positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Chafee sponsored and cosponsored. See full analysis methodology.
Chafee was the primary sponsor of 1 bill that was enacted:
- S. 2606 (108th): A bill to amend the Federal Water Pollution Control Act to reauthorize the National Estuary Program.
We consider a bill enacted if one of the following is true: a) it is enacted itself, b) it has a companion bill in the other chamber (as identified by Congress) which was enacted, or c) if at least about half of its provisions were incorporated into bills that were enacted (as determined by an automated text analysis, applicable beginning with bills in the 110th Congress).
Chafee sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Government Operations and Politics (21%) Economics and Public Finance (19%) Environmental Protection (19%) Water Resources Development (10%) Health (10%) Science, Technology, Communications (8%) International Affairs (7%) Law (6%)
Some of Chafee’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S.Res. 562 (109th): A resolution paying tribute to the Reverend Waitstill Sharp and Martha Sharp ...
- S. 3240 (109th): A bill to amend the Harmonized Tariff Schedule of the United States ...
- S.Res. 301 (109th): A resolution commemorating the 100th anniversary of the National Audubon Society.
- S. 1400 (109th): Water Infrastructure Financing Act
- S. 1410 (109th): Neotropical Migratory Bird Conservation Improvement Act of 2005
- S. 1387 (109th): John H. Chafee Blackstone River Valley National Heritage Corridor Reauthorization Act of ...
- S. 1017 (109th): Water Resources Research Act Amendments of 2005
From Nov 1999 to Dec 2006, Chafee missed 28 of 2,272 roll call votes, which is 1.2%. This is better than the median of 2.0% among the lifetime records of senators serving in Dec 2006. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: