Our unique analysis of the bills Chafee sponsored and cosponsored provides insight into his position in the Senate.
Each dot in the chart below was a member of the Senate in 2006. The dots are positioned horizontally according to our progressive—conservative ideology score and vertically according to our leadership score (leaders toward the top). Chafee is shown as a purple triangle. (analysis methodology)
Chafee sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Government Operations and Politics (21%) Economics and Public Finance (19%) Environmental Protection (19%) Water Resources Development (10%) Health (10%) Science, Technology, Communications (8%) International Affairs (7%) Crime and Law Enforcement (6%)
Some of Chafee’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S.Res. 562 (109th): A resolution paying tribute to the Reverend Waitstill Sharp and Martha Sharp ...
- S. 3240 (109th): A bill to amend the Harmonized Tariff Schedule of the United States ...
- S.Res. 301 (109th): A resolution commemorating the 100th anniversary of the National Audubon Society.
- S. 1410 (109th): Neotropical Migratory Bird Conservation Improvement Act of 2005
- S. 1400 (109th): Water Infrastructure Financing Act
- S. 1387 (109th): John H. Chafee Blackstone River Valley National Heritage Corridor Reauthorization Act of ...
- S. 1017 (109th): Water Resources Research Act Amendments of 2005
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Nov 1999 to Dec 2006, Chafee missed 28 of 2,272 roll call votes, which is 1.2%. This is better than the median of 2.0% among the lifetime records of senators serving in Dec 2006. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: