Chafee was a centrist Republican according to GovTrack's own analysis of bill sponsorship from Chafee’s time serving in the Senate. Chafee’s bills had a total of 113 cosponsors in the 109th Congress.
Use this chart to compare Chafee to other members of the Senate in the 109th Congress on leadership and ideology.
This chart is based on principal components analysis for ideology and PageRank for leadership. See analysis methodology.
Some of Chafee’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- S.Res. 562 (109th): A resolution paying tribute to the Reverend Waitstill Sharp and Martha Sharp ...
- S. 3240 (109th): A bill to amend the Harmonized Tariff Schedule of the United States ...
- S.Res. 301 (109th): A resolution commemorating the 100th anniversary of the National Audubon Society.
- S. 1410 (109th): Neotropical Migratory Bird Conservation Improvement Act of 2005
- S. 1400 (109th): Water Infrastructure Financing Act
- S. 1387 (109th): John H. Chafee Blackstone River Valley National Heritage Corridor Reauthorization Act of ...
- S. 1017 (109th): Water Resources Research Act Amendments of 2005
View All » (including bills from previous years)
From Nov 1999 to Dec 2006, Chafee missed 28 of 2,272 roll call votes, which is 1.2%. This is better than the median of 2.0% among the lifetime records of senators serving in Dec 2006. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Elligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: