Davis was the representative for Tennessee’s 4th congressional district and was a Democrat. He served from 2003 to 2010.
Davis is shown as a purple triangle ▲ in our ideology-leadership chart below. Each dot was a member of the House of Representatives in 2010 positioned according to our liberal–conservative ideology score (left to right) and our leadership score (leaders are toward the top).
The chart is based on the bills Davis sponsored and cosponsored. See full analysis methodology.
Davis sponsored bills primarily in these issue areas:
Government Operations and Politics (17%) Housing and Community Development (17%) Social Welfare (15%) Economics and Public Finance (12%) Agriculture and Food (12%) Taxation (10%) Health (10%) Science, Technology, Communications (7%)
Some of Davis’s most recently sponsored bills include...
- H.R. 4927 (111th): To amend subtitle IV of title 40, United States Code, regarding county ...
- H.Res. 889 (111th): Congratulating the National Association of Farm Service Agency County Office Employees (NASCOE) ...
- H.Res. 583 (111th): Expressing the sense of the House of Representatives that Lester Flatt has ...
- H.R. 2876 (111th): Rural Housing Preservation Act of 2009
- H.R. 2035 (111th): Pregnant Women Support Act
- H.R. 1119 (111th): To amend the Internal Revenue Code of 1986 to expand the application ...
- H.R. 605 (111th): Pregnant Women Support Act
|Davis’s Vote||Vote Description|
S. 3729 (111th): National Aeronautics and Space Administration Authorization Act of 2010
Sep 29, 2010. Passed 304/118.
H.R. 5136 (111th): National Defense Authorization Act for Fiscal Year 2011
May 28, 2010. Passed 229/186.
H.Res. 784 (111th): Honoring the 2560th anniversary of the birth of Confucius and recognizing his invaluable contributions to philosophy and ...
Oct 28, 2009. Passed 361/47.
H.R. 5349 (110th): To extend the Protect America Act of 2007 for 21 days.
Feb 13, 2008. Failed 191/229.
H.R. 1830 (110th): To extend the authorities of the Andean Trade Preference Act until February 29, 2008.
Jun 27, 2007. Passed 365/59.
From Jan 2003 to Dec 2010, Davis missed 243 of 5,966 roll call votes, which is 4.1%. This is worse than the median of 3.1% among the lifetime records of representatives serving in Dec 2010. The chart below reports missed votes over time.
|Time Period||Votes Eligible||Missed Votes||Percent||Percentile|
The information on this page is originally sourced from a variety of materials, including: